Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Hereford , Arizona
Unhappy Care Free awning 26ft Awning lost

I have a 1976 Argosy with a Care Free awning. I got caught on the highway in 60 plus mph winds, I slowed down to 45 but a gust of wind caught the awning and ripped it off. Thank God it didn't hit another vehicle.
I has the curved arms from the period and I would like to find some arms, I have most of the other parts but the arms are really bent. I would like to keep the trailer as original as possible although I had all new water lines, new paint and any number of other upgrades, spent way to much money though, but my wife likes the retro look.
I contacted Care Free but they don't make replacement parts for the older awnings.
Any suggestions for the curved arms???? Thanks for any help.
earlandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlandmaria View Post
I have a 1976 Argosy with a Care Free awning. I got caught on the highway in 60 plus mph winds, I slowed down to 45 but a gust of wind caught the awning and ripped it off. Thank God it didn't hit another vehicle.
I has the curved arms from the period and I would like to find some arms, I have most of the other parts but the arms are really bent. I would like to keep the trailer as original as possible although I had all new water lines, new paint and any number of other upgrades, spent way to much money though, but my wife likes the retro look.
I contacted Care Free but they don't make replacement parts for the older awnings.
Any suggestions for the curved arms???? Thanks for any help.
Earl, I will send you a PM with my phone number. I may have a set you can use. We can discuss how you want to proceed if you are interested. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote