Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Awning (or patio) water mister

Anyone have experience with these systems? I have done a bit of research and found a couple. I narrowed it down to:
a) MistyMate: MistyMate Cool Patio Mister Systems - Product - Camping World
b) Mist & Cool: Canopy Cool - Portable Water Misting Cooling Systems

I will probably go with the second one (b) because it appears to have better quality nozzles & tubing. And the first (a) has some poor reviews.

My only concern with these systems is that, with my trailer awning being lower than a standard patio ceiling/roof, I might end up *all wet*. Any thoughts on this worry? I already this stick mister but am not all that happy with it - having to move it around and keep from toppling over: Orbit Cobra Personal Misting System Stand for Cooling - 2 Nozzles

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Water mist systems are very popular in the desert. We have one on our patio and it works very well when the air is dry. When the humidity rises during our "monsoon" season, they are like sitting in the shower.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Talking

they are very popular in the hot dry climates. i helped drive my daughter and her car to San Antonio TX for an army thing. had food and margaritas at an outdoor restaurant with the misting of water. it was awesome. felt good.

thanks for the reminder!
now i want one!

don&karen
alclad is offline   Reply With Quote