Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Agoura Hills , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4WEDI View Post
It's "Kancamagus"............and it's beautiful !

Kancamagus Highway New Hampshire - NH (Kangamagus or Kangamangus Highway)

I haven't been there since 92, I'm lucky to remember it at all! It was beautiful and since all the leaves had pretty much hit the ground there wasn't anyone else around...we went into North Conway and had dinner at (if I can remember correctly) a Scottish restaurant, really good!
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
I was pretty keyed up about the Add-a-Room but put off by the expense. We're going to set up a tent as close as possible to the trailer and see how that works for us. It won't be perfect but it's worth a try, as we already have the tent and it was about a hundred bux.
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenh View Post
I was pretty keyed up about the Add-a-Room but put off by the expense. We're going to set up a tent as close as possible to the trailer and see how that works for us. It won't be perfect but it's worth a try, as we already have the tent and it was about a hundred bux.
When we traveled with gkids the boys loved the pup tent, we set it up under the awning, kept them relatively dry and gma's peace of mind.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Huntsville , Alabama
Kathleenh, what did you decide about your add-a-room? My husband and I are wanting to get one for our (yet to be delivered) Sport 22FB. We have 2 dogs we'd like to give a little breathing room to and this seems like a good start. Thanks,
Emily
MikeandEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #25
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Since this is an awning related question, I hope it's cool to post it here (new to all this).

I am traveling solo in my new trailer (mostly) and being 5'2 I am having a heck of a time with the awning. Just not tall enough to have the height and upper body strength to pull and lock it all into place.

Does anybody know if Zipdee now has an Automatic awning for the Airstream? Was thinking I might check those out for the Entry side of the trailer, and see if the original awning could be installed on the other side.

Thoughts? Thanks everybody!
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #26
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
Since this is an awning related question, I hope it's cool to post it here (new to all this).

I am traveling solo in my new trailer (mostly) and being 5'2 I am having a heck of a time with the awning. Just not tall enough to have the height and upper body strength to pull and lock it all into place.

Does anybody know if Zipdee now has an Automatic awning for the Airstream? Was thinking I might check those out for the Entry side of the trailer, and see if the original awning could be installed on the other side.

Thoughts? Thanks everybody!
Zip Dee awnings have a center strap, along with about a 3 foor long rod with a hook on the end of it.

That rod is used to hook the strap, and then pull out the awning.

That would work perfect for you.

Yes, there is automatics, but very expensive.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #27

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Hey Andy:

Yep - that's the kind I have. And with a 3 step ladder and 15 minutes, I can struggle solo with the thing and still have trouble getting it up and down, due to the height and upper body strength required to pull/set the tension arms.

How expensive is expensive on an automatic one? And could the one I have be mounted on the other side of the Eddie Bauer?

Thanks - Pinky
Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #28
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Pinky - have you watched this video? It takes all the extraneous effort out of the process:

SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #29

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Excellent! Some very helpful tips on here that the dealer didn't tell me. Appreciate it very much.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
Hey Andy:

Yep - that's the kind I have. And with a 3 step ladder and 15 minutes, I can struggle solo with the thing and still have trouble getting it up and down, due to the height and upper body strength required to pull/set the tension arms.

How expensive is expensive on an automatic one? And could the one I have be mounted on the other side of the Eddie Bauer?

Thanks - Pinky
I can't answer your question until I get back to my office, September 15th.

I don't take my catalogs etc, with me when I visit Hawaii.

But, you can ask Linda at Zip Dee, # 800-3382378.

Mahalo.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote