Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Bay Area , California
'78 Argosy 27' Zip Dee, frozen?

We have a Zip Dee on the Argosy, and it looks original. As we explore further into our project, the time to evaluate the awning has arrived. So, after breaking one of the lockdowns (it was completely frozen), and getting the other one to release, and some hefty tugging on the strap, we got nothing. The cover comes open a bit, like it wants to unroll, but only about 4 inches. I don't have a manual, but I did find an instruction sheet, which I attempted to follow, to no avail. It seems like it is just frozen, or locked. I cannot find a latch, lock, lever, or anything that seems like it would keep it from unrolling. I can post a pic later, when I'm on my computer. Any ideas?
Alliesargosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliesargosy View Post
We have a Zip Dee on the Argosy, and it looks original. As we explore further into our project, the time to evaluate the awning has arrived. So, after breaking one of the lockdowns (it was completely frozen), and getting the other one to release, and some hefty tugging on the strap, we got nothing. The cover comes open a bit, like it wants to unroll, but only about 4 inches. I don't have a manual, but I did find an instruction sheet, which I attempted to follow, to no avail. It seems like it is just frozen, or locked. I cannot find a latch, lock, lever, or anything that seems like it would keep it from unrolling. I can post a pic later, when I'm on my computer. Any ideas?
Call Zip Dee, at 800-338 2378

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Bay Area , California
Thanks Andy!
Alliesargosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliesargosy View Post

That whole spindle with latch is pretty pricy.

The latch is sold separate and is a lot cheaper. There is one for the right and left.

Dan