Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
There is nothing wrong with the trailer. Someone at the dealer or whom ever sold it to you did not properly show you the ropes. There's even a proper way to roll up the awning.
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedecanada View Post
So my awning rubs on top of door when out. I have it as high as it will go and center support in. The back has one extra hole in arm than front is this normal so it drains if it rains. This is one big awning and woud be great if it would not rub door. Should I just drill another hole in front pole to adjust height so it will go higher so door clears. I hate to modify stuff from factory but the rubbing door is going to wear awning if I do not fix. This trailer is used and I can see orignal owner just let it rub which is not cool. Thanks for any help.
ROBERTSUNRUS is correct, you have the arms in the wrong position.
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
weyburn , Saskatchewan
I watch video on awning and after I put in new part awning works great does not hit door. I bought trailer used and previous owner either cut pole after bending it or was never right from factory it only had three notches in it and new pole has four it work good now so I am happy. Thanks for the help.
Pedecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedecanada View Post
I watch video on awning and after I put in new part awning works great does not hit door. I bought trailer used and previous owner either cut pole after bending it or was never right from factory it only had three notches in it and new pole has four it work good now so I am happy. Thanks for the help.

Hi, glad you found the problem and got it fixed. I think it was never right from the factory. [didn't drill last hole]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote