Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
The orbital will take a long time for the initial cut I would think. The Cyclo is a dual head industrial polisher. The heads don't spin by power, they wobble by power, spin freely. It is used for the fine polish to get the final mirror finish, won't work for the initial cut at all. I got a Cyclo for the Nuvite S fine cuts and used a drill motor for the F7 (and in places C) but, like I said up there, the drill motor was hell on a 31'.

Tadd, Beth, Grundgetta and Weeble
Our blog
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Originally Posted by garry View Post
To each his own I bought one about 5 years ago for $29 polished a 31ft AS and have used it for many projects since and it is still going strong.

I suspect you have never owned one and YES they do work just as good and I have used both.
Hi garry
That sounds like a better plan. Sorry to get my blood pressure elevated, but it sounded like the tool was only used for one job and tossed. I just do not understand the throw away mentality if there is a way to make things last. (like Airstreams)

I have heard a few comments about the HF product and they were known for short life spans.

Lasting five years with a big trailer is a good thing. Just think how much more nuvite you were able to buy!
Gary with one r

safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #17
1956 18' "Footer"
west milford , New Jersey
Send a message via Yahoo to jeoiii
harbor freight polisher , junk !, broke before i ever got to polish the trailer. buy a quality tool , will always server you well and finish well as the wear and tear on you body
jeoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #18
Rivet Master
Habor freight tools are junk usually made in China. We've ruined the the industrail base of this country by our addiction to cheap imported everything. Yea, American made costs more but you may be keeping your neighabor employed. I try to buy products made in the U.S. first, no matter what it is and I never shop at Walmart. Walmarts pedatory practices have done more harm to small town business than any company in the history of the world and Harbor Freight has the same business model.

craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote