Old 05-17-2005, 03:28 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
My roof isn't the prettiest thing either, but she works well. Guess they figure it's not within eys shot so they goop it on real good...to bad they did do it to my wheel wells.
On the wheel wells!

Maybe Airstream hired a monkey to sling the goop on.

2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
We washed and Walbernized our 2002 22'CCD about a month ago. I washed the roof from an 8' step ladder using a long brush. And, we Walbernized the entire thing... including the roof. By having my wife hold the ladder and leaning wwwaaaayyy over, I was able to reach most of the white painted area. I just figure that's more protection for the finish.
By the way.... my wife can never remember the term "Walbernizer"... so she just calls it "Bynamizer".. (her take on Byam) I like it!

Old 05-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
Oh by the way, DON'T Walbernize (or Bynamize, either) the stainless steel wrap protectors, if you have them. The stainless will turn out blotchy. We learned the hard way. Just wash the wrap protectors, and buff with a dry cloth. If you do Walbernize them, the blotchiness seems to go away with time and exposure to the sun.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
I'm about to give the A/S it's first wash since purchasing and putting 2500 miles on it. Figure I'll try the Armorall car wash...it's got a lot of road slime
on it...but what do you folks recommend for a cloth or sponge to use to avoid scratching while cleaning the exterior aluminum and for the panoramic window covers?...(the dark tinted covers up front) what type of soft cloth material do you recommend... any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
TUrtle Wax

Just washed my Bambi Safari. I echo the vote for Turtle Wax Zip Wash. It worked great and the neighbors commented on how clean it got everything. Now they want to use it on their 25' Prowler.

Jerry

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #20
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I stick with what Airstream suggests....so far Walbernize is it for me.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Silvertwinkie, I am new to Airstream. Wat is Walbernized? Is a wash and wax process? You suggest using stainless steel cleaner from Home Depot. Does this replace the Walbernizing process? Confused...please help. Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Been there, done that and wrote the book.

Use some stainless steel cleaner (I got some at Home Depot). After a few cleanings, it will look better....but stress a few cleanings. Also follow the wet stainless cleaner with a dry towel and follow the grain. In time it will look great!
S/S cleaner will probably work, I use hot water on a rag - as hot as I can stand. Wash with hot water, dry with a towel. Also works on glass, won't streak like most glass cleaners. (Yes, I know there are some that work good!)
Dave
Old 12-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
Silvertwinkie, I am new to Airstream. Wat is Walbernized? Is a wash and wax process? You suggest using stainless steel cleaner from Home Depot. Does this replace the Walbernizing process? Confused...please help. Thanks
Aria,

I got the Stainless Steel Cleaner sheets from Home Depot specifically for the front stainless steel rock guards. I am a big advocate of using Armor All Car Wash to clean the entire exterior. This for me is typically followed by a good Walbernize Super Seal cleaner wax (when time permits, but typically 2x a season..once at the beginning of the season and once at or near the end). I would NEVER use the stainless steel cleaner in place of Armor All Car Wash or Walbernize cleaner wax. Hope this helps clarify what I'm doing.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote