Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member
1962 19' Globetrotter
2001 31' Excella
I'd certainly give it a try if someone wants to send me a bottle...

Old 07-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Wink I'll do better than that!

I will let anyone who wants to completely strip and polish my trailer, do so ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE!

Yes, that's right folks! Your golden opportunity to polish a genuine Airstream trailer!! That essential element of the American way, that silver icon of the Americn dream, can be yours to polish and shine to your heart's content.

Please don't push or shove, there's plenty of room for everyone to rub!

Disclaimer: You do have to give it back to me when you're done. First quality work only, please!

Old 07-15-2003, 09:53 AM   #45

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
thankyou, Tom Sawyer......
Old 07-15-2003, 10:05 AM   #46
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64

Are we putting the cart before the horse here???? Or is the trailer you have in mind needing to be polished so if you can get it done you would buy it???
Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 07-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Hey, I'm just thinking...

I'm going to pick it up this weekend, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise. I figure by the time someone gets a couple quarts of Southern Shine delivered, and gets their Cyclo warmed up, it'll be here.

Speaking of warmed up, it's 10:14 am here and it's already 108 degrees in the shade. Matter of fact, it was so hot yesterday that I saw a dog chasing a cat, and they were both walking.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:25 PM   #48
1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California

If anyone thinks that TT is going to get rich at $3.50/bottle+shipping (wow-that's probably $12/trailer total),think again!
This forum has a code of conduct that we all read when signing up and when a member offers helpful advice and believes he can save others a lot of time and agrivation,he needs to be respected -not slammed.
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Old 07-16-2003, 05:45 AM   #49
Rivet Master
Austin , Texas

"badda-bing" is a comic drum roll after a joke, not a cash register as you are implying, that is a "ka-ching".

Good joke, DB, the cat and dog walking! Corny yes but amusing.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #50
1 Rivet Member
Question Southern Shine

I agree Murray. I was somewhat suprised to see accusatory remarks about TT. What's he got to gain ? Why spend all the time posting in this forum if he's only going to get a few cents profit on his " snake oil" ?
Old 07-16-2003, 07:10 PM   #51
$MONEY$ ...

...isn't everything guys.
I just happen to have found something that really works well for me, and thought others could benefit from it- maybe everyone else will say its garbage- very possible, but I doubt it. I have tried almost everything around, and have an open mind- I'm not married to SS- it just saves me a lot of time- maybe it'll save you some too.
I just got back from Jax, and dropping off a trailer heading to Europe, and will get the 2 bottles boxed and out by Friday.
Then you can ask the trial folks what they think- maybe my name will be mud after- but I'll still use this stuff. I have 10 trailers right now- and I polish all of them before they get sold, and have a goal to keep my "keepers" nice and shiny. The main problem is that I want to keep all of them!
I think I've decided to buy one of those Airmark Polishers- does that tell ya I'm serious?
Old 07-16-2003, 07:30 PM   #52
Contest over- winners are...

Chi-town and Swabbie! Sent their home addresses and I've got em written down to take to my shop in the AM, and hopefully run it over to my shipper.

Thanks for all the kind words, you guys!

ps- your home addresses also go to the Nigerians that keep calling me about my trailer, too!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Hey, no way am I...

...slamming anybody! What TT is doing is exactly what we all should be doing - finding out what works and what doesn't, and going in together on it to get a better deal.

See, for example, my prior post on "Freakin' parts prices!" at , which descended into a toilet paper "wrap-up."

TT is putting his money where his mouth is in the process. A whole dollar-fifty a bottle in profit won't pay for his gas to go to the post office to send it out.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:07 AM   #54
Theres absolutely-

I was told by the guy who's getting it for me originally that it was "about $2" a bottle when I bought a large quantity. Of course- he was talking in rough terms and hadn't bought any himself in 5 years. When it came in, it was $3.50 a bottle. Plus shipping the cases to my shop- so its actually more.
Its a pain in my ass to do this- like I said, I have 10 trailers- does anyone think I don't have enough to do everday?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:10 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Well, dang!

I hope you make some profit on it, at least when people start ordering 20 bottles at a time!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:12 PM   #56
And they're off!

The 2 bottles went out today to Chi and Swab, and I assume both will get there about Monday.
Hope you guys enjoy and have the same results I have received. I was working on one today with it- its different than most polishes- you do a smaller area- keep it moist and moving- if you spread it out too much it dries- and its not a typical wax that you allow to "haze" and then buff it off- I usually do a square about 2'X2' and I get it spread around with the buffer off, and then hit it and start buffing. It makes it into a "mud" real quick and before it dries it wil start coming off on your pad. Clean the pad regularly! I do it at least every time I apply, and sometimes twice.

drboyd- I don't want any money- I don't care how much of it sells. If people enjoy it, its enough for me. Thanks.

Closed Thread