Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #61
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Yukon , Oklahoma
I love the work it is beautiful. You said you put the green bar in mineral spirits, how do you manage to do that. I sure wish I could send mine for a visit.
Tdcraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Probably glad he is not here

When Bruce got here to load up we had to take care of a Moccasin in the way. It is always something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snake 2.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	195269  
Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #63

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Lili loves snakes.. can't wait for her to see this photo!
When does Jim get to break out of rehab and go home?
Jane
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #64

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
So it seems he broke out of rehab on schedule (from what he told me a couple of weeks ago) so that's a sign he's healing well, I take it. I'm sure he's ready to be home for a change!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reganzo View Post
I only know the players from the posts on this thread, and I have to say I am moved by the kindness and support of Melody Ranch extended to Jim and Buddy! This community of Airstreamers sets an example for the rest of the population in this wonderful country of ours....Reganzo
Reganzo - You think YOU are a bit moved by the kindness of this community!! Only the kindest most giving supportive folks I'd ever want to know. Melody Ranch & sweet wife Pati - there just are NOT enough words in my vocabulary. Then there is Bwoodtex, who flew up to the area on Saturday & drove me, my much loved dog Buddy & trailer home today. What a wonderful sight ~ swinging thru my front gate & onto my lovely Texas home base. I've been truly blessed with wonderful friends!!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Jim's daughter had problems getting her laptop set up on the hospital wifi, apparently. When I dropped by on Saturday, though, I was able to use my phone to show him the photos of Buddy enjoying Robin's hospitality and he enjoyed those. He's counting the days until he can 1) go home and 2) travel with that shiny trailer.
David - So good to see you & get caught up on what was happening in the world outside my hospital windows!! I truly appreciate you dropping by. Airstreamer's are simply THE BEST!!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by pienjim View Post
It is GORGEOUS! Hope you are ale to use it SOON! Pie
Pie & Jim - Bruce & I rolled thru my front gate around 6 pm today!! Such a beautiful sight. We (Bruce) unpacked the truck, got the Cruiser all set up in her shed, removed the bathroom door & shower glass doors & put the shower stool in for me, then blasted off for home & Roseann. Great folks. Great Airstreamer's. Even better friends. Will see my ortho doc in Austin sometime soon, to set the path forward toward full healing. Don't know yet if I'll be using the right leg enough to take the Cruiser to the Vintage Rally in early October. I sure hope so. If I could just get myself up into her & just live there for a month or so, I know I'd heal up better & faster !!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend View Post

Reganzo - You think YOU are a bit moved by the kindness of this community!! Only the kindest most giving supportive folks I'd ever want to know. Melody Ranch & sweet wife Pati - there just are NOT enough words in my vocabulary. Then there is Bwoodtex, who flew up to the area on Saturday & drove me, my much loved dog Buddy & trailer home today. What a wonderful sight ~ swinging thru my front gate & onto my lovely Texas home base. I've been truly blessed with wonderful friends!!
I believe that the Big Guy upstairs works through the kindness of strangers to give us mortals the help we need and truly deserve. I am glad that you made it home and that your recovery and rehabilitation continues smoothly and that your able to hit the road and enjoy your Airstream.

Regards,

Reganzo
Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #69
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Jim So glad that you and Buddy are home. I have been checking every day for updates on you. Your silver baby is so beautiful. I know you are so ready to go somewhere in her. I hope to see you again soon. Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #70
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
A thread with happy continuation, hope healing goes well!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Jim, so very pleased to hear you are out and about! With all those fine folks in Texas giving you a hand it is testament to what a fine person you must be as well. I can only imagine how happy Buddy was to see you again.

Robin, a moccasin! Now, this really shows how little I know about Texas, but a moccasin is not what I have thought about when thinking of Texas. I have always thought Texas has a lot of snakes, but I imagined they were mostly rattlers, never considered moccasins (I suppose because of the moccasins we have here in Ohio are water moccasins and I don't think of Texas as having a lot of water).

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Busy

I knew you were in for a busy time when you got home....Bruce showed up with a screwdriver and hammer. Sounds like your settling in. Go see you local Doc and get that part underway.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend View Post
Thank you for trusting me with your most prized treasures. I was glad I could help.

Little did I know when a big white dog showed up on my doorstep ten years ago that it would lead to the friendship we have developed over the years and that one day I could be of service to you. The good Lord obviously does have his master plan. I am glad that you and I are in it together.

Get well soon. WE GOT CAMPIN' TO DO!!
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote