Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
ft. meade , Maryland
Product to use/avoid on roof - exterior

2008 Safari, 25 foot. Plan on giving it a good scrubbing this weekend. First one since obtaining. Thinking about just using a good scrubbing with Dawn Detergent to scrub off all the wax/dirt and using Rejex on exterior. (I've had great results using Rejex on other products). BUT....the white roof - not sure Rejex will/would be appropriate for it.

What do you all recommend? I've done some searching here but as of yet - have NO plans to polish it as many here have done (too lazy...).

got2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
I would not recommend Dawn or any other dish detergent for any vehicle (car,trailer, or boat) There are some rather harsh ingredients in dish detergent in order to get off baked on food. Your finish will be much better served with an automotive soap available from any auto parts store. It will be much easier on the coating and will work for the roof as well.

I personally use Griot's products on everything. (Not that they are the best,nor is this an endorsement. It's just my personal preference.) That includes my collector cars as well as the Airstream.
Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote