Old 07-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Hey all, I'm just looking for a follow up with Buffpro. Has anyone tried it and well does it work? The sell a polishing kit, but it's $750 and I'm not sure if it's worth it?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #16
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Not worth it. I just wrote this big long reply, but the forums ate it...in short, it doesn't do as well as the circular wool pad method with Nuvite, not by a long shot.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
I bought a used buffpro and have VERY quickly whipped my trailer into shape. I'm not going for a show finish right now. Basically just trying to get away from the peeling clear coat look. I'm quite pleased at the speed I've been able to tackle this. I can't tell you how well it will do for the finer stages but for my purposes it has been awesome. I live at an "airstream park" and fellow airstream owners have been amazed at the progress and transformation with moderate effort. Basically I am just doing the top half of the trailer right now with the "belt line" graphics/moulding serving as a break. The clear coat and finish on the bottom is pretty good. The top had mostly peeled away and there was gradiation in oxidation from the top to the middle. The buffpro very quickly has cleaned this up and now the top of the trailer looks better than the bottom. Overall I don't think people are going to pay much attention to the bottom not being polished because I have not gone to a mirror finish on the top. I'd say it is looking kind of like your run-of-the-mill gas tanker truck on the road.

To me, it seems like this could be -- at the very least -- a very fast way to get the initial cuts done on a trailer.

WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote