yeah, i'm NOT a fan of wd' for this purpose.
even though it sorta works, it stinks and water spots following rain.
1. plain isopropyl alcohol (91%) does a fantastic job of CLEANING...
2. so does ANY auto specific wax/paint remover (like 3m or the stuff a/s uses)
3. so does SOAP and water, except for tar deposits.
4. the product i use MOSTLY is made by zep...
its basically mineral oil and lemo
n in a can, with a tad bit of surfactants
SMELLS good, can be used on the range top, furnace/water heater covers, and a lot of the bare metal bits...
5. for that matter FOOD GRADE MINERAL OIL will do the trick nicely too (add 1 DROP of dish soap))
the important this is to NOT use anything that HAZES then needs to be buffed (or typical metal polishes) ...
those products on the BRUSHED steel surface are a PIA to get off and look horrible.
a few threads that COVER this issue many wayz including FAMOUS stuff NOT 2 USE ...