Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
College Station , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Jerri,
He is working out of his house/acreage in NB. He has never returned my call or answered an email so don't feel like the lone ranger. I went to his place with Soldiermedic Steve.
NB= New Braunfels??
So, if he doesn't want any new work, I guess there is no point in giving out his information on the web?
I got a Caravel last fall and finding someone to help us newbies...has been a major pain in the butt. Now, last sunday my husband was rear ended and it totalled our tow vehicle...but I can find someone to help us at least replace the axle, I will rent a T.V.!

Jerri Lawson
CS
jerbear315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
Hill Country , Texas
Jerri,

I had my axle, wheels, brakes & springs all replaced by the local horse & utility trailer shop. I did source all the parts, to be sure they were right for my 1959 trailer, but they had no problem doing the work. You just want to make sure they understand where the frame is, for jacking purposes.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
College Station , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1959newbie View Post
Jerri,

I had my axle, wheels, brakes & springs all replaced by the local horse & utility trailer shop. I did source all the parts, to be sure they were right for my 1959 trailer, but they had no problem doing the work. You just want to make sure they understand where the frame is, for jacking purposes.
I had Tom Kaminski from TK RV's come this last Sunday and picked it up for us and took it back to his shop. Our tow vehicle had been crashed Sunday before last. So, he is going to look over all her systems and give us quotes. He has worked on Airstreams for years and had good references. The local gooseneck trailer place here would not touch RV's, the local RV place charged ALOT and did not have a lot of airstream experience...so we are excited we are finally going to get some work done!

Thanks for the suggestion,

Jerri
jerbear315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1965 28' Ambassador
Irving , Texas
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermshot View Post
Did a search and spoke to this co. said they are the ones, They quoted $1500 for a 28ft but want pictures after asking if it's clean Aluminum:
Xtreme Window Tinting

Xtreme Window Tinting
stars Be the first to review
308 S Saginaw Blvd Saginaw, TX 76179
(817) 306-1197
These ARE the guys.Their price doubled in 6mo.
I think they figured out the value.
bwaysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #25
P&K
2 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Austin , Texas
I have emailed and called Eric Stoltz looking for help and pricing before. Once I got an email back that was one sentence basically saying "I'm too busy to deal with you." That must be nice. The other times I got no response.
P&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #26

1956 16' Bubble
dearborn , Michigan
hi to all ! this is my frist time on here, how about mich ?
glockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Experienced Airstream polisher available

I have an experienced Airstream polisher available. He has done work for me and I can recommend him. Takes about two weeks turn around, he provides polish, tools, supplies...everything. His primary job is polishing big trucks and wheels.....You must have seen how nice those units are. Last check it was around 100$ per foot. If you have ever polished an Airstream....you are probably looking for someone like this to do the next project. I am considering using him for my Winter clean up and prep for next Spring. PM me if you need help.

P.S. I wish I had him around when I got involved with doing my Flying Cloud last Spring.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I have an experienced Airstream polisher available. He has done work for me and I can recommend him. Takes about two weeks turn around, he provides polish, tools, supplies...everything. His primary job is polishing big trucks and wheels.....You must have seen how nice those units are. Last check it was around 100$ per foot. If you have ever polished an Airstream....you are probably looking for someone like this to do the next project. I am considering using him for my Winter clean up and prep for next Spring. PM me if you need help.

P.S. I wish I had him around when I got involved with doing my Flying Cloud last Spring.
Tell him I will hire him once we get to that point with the SOTR.

Steve
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
You are now number six in line.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #30

dallas , Texas
Call Jason in Dallas he does polishing work and he is mobile 214 734-0719
jclark92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Laredo , Texas
Polishing?

Reviving this ancient thread. Looking for someone closer than California that can do a mirror finish polish job. Recommendations?
55AS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
polishing, texas