I resemble these remarks
Having polished, repolished , repolished and repolished my trailers
1. It not cheap - kindofa zen thing
2. You can clear coat, most just use a sealer (which is what I do)
3. Wet air does accelerate the oxidation - remember zen
4. Look at it this way, we will be easier to locate from outer space - I've never been cursed - I have melted plastic with my trailer - a polish hazard
5. I store mine in a barn so you can't see it.
6. Its pretty cool..............
7. Its certainly does add to its value.