Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #1

1972 23' Safari
mill creek , California
Polish in Northern California

Anybody know a polisher in Nor Cal? Thanks. Judd
judd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Yeah, There's this guy named Judd....

Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else!
Welcome to the forum! I have not heard of anyone in nor cal doing this as a profession. Have you considered doing it yourself? It's not for everybody, as it takes MANY hours with a heavy spinning tool held up in front of you, sometimes on a ladder.
Also, the degree of polish depends on how long you work on it, among other things, so a high polish will cost a lot. I have heard estimates of 150 to 200 hours labor for my 22' Safari.
I'm doing mine myself!
Do you have a trailer already? I see no description in your profile.

Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Hi Judd,

Welcome aboard!

These guys are in Hayward. www.universalpolishing.com

I only know them by their ad. Always running it on craigslist. You can check into them and make your own decision.

Vin

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Chico , California
Hi all,
We waited months for Universal Polishing to confirm they could do our trailer, only to find out that the guy who does their polishing retired in Mexico and therefore they cannot polish our trailer. Super disappointing!!! I would be interested also to find out if someone in NorCal can do the job (and NO, I don't want to do it myself, I already have two full-time jobs and two kids!). There is a woman in Corning but she is retired, and I hear of someone else in Sacramento? but I have no idea if that's a reality. Help!!
Bessie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Check out vintagecampertrailers.com they have several restorers on their services page. Haven't used any of them. Have used Allied RV in Sacramento for repairs and I highly recommend them. Good luck!
jakes_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Folsom , California
Okay, a little late…just saw this posting.
We had our little baby polished by Gonzalez Polishing in Corning, CA. They have a website and you can see the work they do by visiting our website-ourtincan.com look down to around feb 2013.
I was told they went out of business-but they looked alive and well last time we went by.
JodyoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

I watched the guys at Universal Polishing working on a trailer and they actually had about three guys working on a 16' rig all at once. I asked the owner about the trailer polishing business and he told me there was no money in it and too many psychotic customers who think having their trailer polished is the same as buying a new one. (Meaning he couldn't manage client expectations) They are still polishing other things there all day long, and NO, nobody retired to Mexico! If they left it was due to deportation. Old trailer polishers don't retire, they just get really bored and tired and they move on to something else.

Cheers,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
There is a new Airstream dealer in either Fairfield or Vacaville. They might be worth a call.