Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #1
revbec

1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
Smile Oh Shine me in WA!

After months of diligent searching, we are new and proud AS owners of a '92 excella 25'! Yay!
But she looks like she is molting!
I have read the threads on polishing yourself and frankly, I would pay for a good shine!
Anyone know anyone on the West Coast, say WA or OR that knows about this or could recommend someone?
Thank you for your help-
Becca
RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:07 AM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats, Becca! Glad to hear you finally found one. The WA unit of the WBCCI would be a good one to contact and find out if anyone there knows of a polisher locally. I imagine with all the airport stuff going on up in Seattle, someone around here must know how to polish one up. If so, I'll bet someone at Land Yacht Harbor knows who. Just remember, they're still fun, even if they are moulting!Good luck.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
revbec

1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
Smile dumber question

Hi Stef-
Thank you for your reply! Yes, it took a while but thanks to the advice we got here I think she is just the right model!
The upper skin will need new polish- it is bad. We are thrilled with her and want her to look her best.

Here's possibly my dumbest question to date, but what is WBCCI?
Thank you- Becca
RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:14 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
It's the Wally Byam Caravan Club International - it's the Airstream club! The WA unit is centered around a place called Land Yacht Harbor in Lacey. It's their own private park, and there are homes there so a lot of them live there fulltime, and Airstreams are always welcome to stay a few nights at the campground part. They have rallys and get togethers all year, like a big Salmon Feed thing which we seem to miss every year - I think it was in May.

Anyway, the WBCCI members all put big red numbers on the front and back of their trailers/motorhomes. So when you see one with numbers, it belongs or belonged to a member.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote