Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Chico , California
Talking Northern california polishing - avalon rv!!

Hi friends,

For those of you who live in the Bay Area / Sacramento area and need polishing or repair, Avalon RV is AWESOME!!! We have been searching for a repair shop that specializes in vintage Airstreams and all of their little idiosyncrasies (they also work on Shastas, Argosy's, Canned Hams), and Avalon was great. We have been pricing polishers for 4 years now, and Avalon polished our old girl, repainted all trim and lettering, sealed all joints, installed our new rock guard, painted the tongue, bumper, and tanks, and fixed some issues - all for the price some would charge just to polish!!! We could not be happier with the job they did, it is rare to find people who love vintage campers as much as we do.

Avalon RV - Avalon-rv.com (Adam is the owner and he rocks)

If Adam cannot take you within your timing, we also got an email that Universal Polishing's Airstream guru is back! Ken Clement is the guy you can talk to, his info is ken@universalpolishing.com. He is a nice guy and his prices are reasonable as well. He would be good if you didn't need any repairs!

I hope this helps you, I spent SO MUCH TIME calling all around trying to find the best fit for our Airstream. Maybe I can save you the time!!
Bessie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
Looking for our next proj

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
I just picked up our Globie from Adam today! I second the recommendation. Good work, good pricing, great people - and beyond knowledgable. Even the dealer here sent me to him. Oh, and I saw them working on your AS when we dropped her off.
laragc is offline   Reply With Quote