Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
joe chernosky

1987 29' Sovereign
Corinth , Maine
newbie needs information on polishing

Hi,

I have spent some time researching the site regarding polishing my new-to-me 1987 Sovereign 29. With regard to stripping of clearcoat, Removeall 220 is no longer available in the US. Vintage Trailer Supply now sells Eldorado PR 5044 which is a peroxide activated stripper. I ordered some to try out. In some older threads, I read about Southern Shine Metal Polish but I am unable to source any. Is this product now unavailable? Is there another metal polish which will work as well? I would like to shortcut the multistep process required using a Cyclo and Nuvite. At this point I am a bit overwhelmed by all the great information on this site and in the Airstream Owner's Manual. I never realized that an RV had such a large number of interrelated systems.

Cheers,
Joe
joe chernosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
I think most would like to take a short cut, but sometimes the right way involves more work.
RUMSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote