Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
May have found new product to cut through corrosion!

Hi everyone!

This afternoon I was at a local auto paint store and was told about a product by Wizard's, their "metal polish". It is so amazing -- I came home to try it out as I didn't really think it would work.

Please go to our thread on our 1956 Bubble Restoration -- Bubble Trouble; I posted a rather long posting about trying it out this pm. I took pics, but can't post them yet because our all-in-one is down. I may be able to try to post with my iphone, if I can figure it out, but it will only be an after photo as I used my camera during the process.

I still can't believe it cut through that corrosion with such a small piece of "cloth" which I used over and over on places.

Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
So what is the stuff called exactly? I just saw a video on YouTube today that extolled the ability of Marvel Mystery Oil to wipe away corrosion on aluminum, and was quite disappointed with the results when I tried it.

Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
I think this is the product:
Wizards Products Store :: Automotive :: Appearance Products :: Metal Polish 3.0 oz

I have used other Wizards products and have been happy with them. I have not tried this product.
2012 30' International Serenity
1947 Spartan Manor
2005 28' Safari LS - traded
1977 31' International Sovereign - sold
2012 Ford F250 Superduty Crewcab

WBCCI# 1007 Air#2158
dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Yes, the link which dkrug posted is the product I was talking about; it is great, but the drawback (for us) is that I couldn't find a way to get it onto a polishing pad/wheel. There is something about the thin cloth which it comes on that makes it an integral part of the process. We later went to the Good Guys car show in Columbus, and found someone else selling Wizards who showed us (and we purchased) a liquid that has similar qualities as those in the metal polish in the small tin can, but it still didn't quite do the same job.

With this product, you would have to do it all by hand, which on an AS, that would be so tedious! I do want to say, tho, that it really is just rub it on (I did it in a circular motion), wipe off and do again and the oxidation is off. I incorrectly called the oxidation corrosion before, and I'd like to correct that now. We were able to get some really nasty, burned into the skin off with this, but that did require more rubbing.

It's a shame there isn't a way to get that cloth to stay onto a polishing wheel, because it would certainly speed up the process.

Oh, I'd also like to say that this is good for areas which are small or hard to get to. I used it on one of our rain guards which had very bad oxidation, and within about ten minutes, it was shining like crazy.

Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
I just ordered some for detail work. I have a 12 year old that I'm not going to allow to use my buffer, but I have a whole lot of detail work, and he has a whole lot of time on his hands. I just tell him I'll keep getting him really cool audio books as long as he keeps polishing.
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote