Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
Smile It's bath time

Hope this is the right place to post this! Ok...we got the AS home in one piece...now she really needs a bath...so what can we use on her to clean her up? Also need to get the black tar off of her from the great Texas roads. Any suggestions on wash, awning cleaner, tar remover??? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!
blueiwahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Walbernize

Use Walbernize for cleaning and protecting the Airstream finish.

Cleaning & Protection
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiwahine View Post
Hope this is the right place to post this! Ok...we got the AS home in one piece...now she really needs a bath...so what can we use on her to clean her up? Also need to get the black tar off of her from the great Texas roads. Any suggestions on wash, awning cleaner, tar remover??? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!
I use a car wash product such as Blue Coral Car Wash for washing the Airstream and then wax with Walbernize. Airstream recommnends using kerosene to remove tar. I will usually get some tar on my stone guards and have used Colemen Latern Fuel to remove it from the uncoated stone guard. I would not use it on the areas that have the clear coat finish. Zip Dee suggestes that you use plain water to clean the awning canvas and approximatly every two or three years clean the canvas with Zip Dee's Wash Out product.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I recently washed truck and trailer with a car wash solution I purchased at Mennards ,which is a home improvement store and may not be available in all areas. Its some kind of citrus base. It did very well on both considering they both a very close and some what under a Maple tree and I think there was some sappy stuff that was on both. It did and excellent sob. The label said it was none corrosive so I used it. It was the cheapest car wash product they had.I was pleased with the results. Bought a nice long handled Soft brush also. The Combo worked well.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
Thanks everyone for you input...
blueiwahine is offline   Reply With Quote