Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
How to remove the black off...

Our rear part of our camper has many leaks.Where currently fixing frame and then the floor.But with all the leaks i have to go ahead and put the purbond and the trempro on now.My question is how do i get the black off the new stuff.When we do polish the camper.We already strip her before we found out the floor was bad along with major leaks.I have a one to two day window before the rain set in again.Any help would be greatful...I have tryed mineral spirits is seen to make it worse
Old 06-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Remove the black from the skin? Is this as a result of a polishing effort? Or natural weathering? If you could shoot a photo and post it we could steer ya in the right direction.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
um

The black stuff... am talking about is from the polishing when i start....How do i get it back off the new pur bond and the trempro.I have no choice but to reseal before polishing.
Due to us putting in a new floor and frame and its been raining alot here.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel73
The black stuff... am talking about is from the polishing when i start....How do i get it back off the new pur bond and the trempro.I have no choice but to reseal before polishing.
Due to us putting in a new floor and frame and its been raining alot here.
A little mineral spirits on a rag will take that black stuff right off.

And to get the black stuff off of you, Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser (can get it at Wal-Mart) works like lightning.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote