Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
How to get rid of green slime?

My 1973 AS is undergoing restoration. For the time being it is sitting outside in the Pacific Northwest. It seems to be collecting green slime on the outside which I assume is some form of moss. Does anyone have any suggestions for both an easy clean off and for preventing its coming back? I would like to be able to just spray something on and let the rain wash it off. Second choice would be to use some sort of hose sprayer. What about the Mr. Clean car wash sprayer for example?

Thanks,

Malcolm
malconium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium
My 1973 AS is undergoing restoration. For the time being it is sitting outside in the Pacific Northwest. It seems to be collecting green slime on the outside which I assume is some form of moss. Does anyone have any suggestions for both an easy clean off and for preventing its coming back? I would like to be able to just spray something on and let the rain wash it off. Second choice would be to use some sort of hose sprayer. What about the Mr. Clean car wash sprayer for example?

Thanks,

Malcolm
Malcolm,

The green slime, mold, whatever, on my 1954 Double Door Liner died on the trip from Tampa somewhere between Dallas, TX and Carlsbad, NM. Nothing like hot dry weather to kill it. It has not reoccured here in So Cal.

My suggestion is to move the trailer to a hot, dry climate.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Bill,

That is a great idea and tempting too. The problem right now is that my AS is not anywhere near road worthy enough to move to a hot/dry climate. The new axles have not been installed yet, the belly pan is half off and the interior skins are not entirely back in place.

Thanks any way,

Malcolm
malconium is offline   Reply With Quote