Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Originally Posted by GeGe View Post
I can't seem to remove the adhesive after I removed the stripe. I tried goo gone. Didn't work.

I have had great results with mineral spirits removing adhesives, tar, and sap from my truck and trailer. I use a microfiber rag and just soak a small spot on the rag, and I have another clean rag to buff the residue off.

Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
middleboro , Massachusetts
I have used denatured alcohol in my sign shop and it works well. I have also used gasoline with success. The one thing you need no matter what you use is elbow grease.

supergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #17
1991 29' Excella
Reno , Texas
I know this post is 3 years old. I have just removed the blue striping on my 90 Excella and the adhesive residue with Kleen Strip aircraft paint remover. It has taken multiple applications and I scraped it with a plastic scraper each time I applied the paint remover. The adhesive was the most difficult to remove and after scraping it to get the last of the residue from the adhesive I washed it with soap and water. It cleaned up nicely.
Wilmur Smudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #18
1989 29' Excella
Maryville , Tennessee
Funny you should ask that question just now. I had stripped the stripes from my 89 30 ft excella using the heat gun method. Klean Strip makes an adhesive stripper available from Home Depot. Gel type stripper that works beautifully, tried it today with excellent results. Applied with a brush and waited 30 minutes and used a plastic putty knife to remove clean and easy. I had not removed the stripe from propane tank cover so I applied some to the stripe and it lifted right off much easier than heating and scraping. My dad always said work smart not hard.
kf4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
did this not also remove the clear coat?

Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote