Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
OK - results? What was used? Lets close this loop on this thread.

clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
Airstream Handyman

1973 23' Safari
1970 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
1975 20' Argosy 20
Phoenix , Arizona
Goof Off works for us at Airstreams4rent. It is amazing. The paint wipes right off and the trailers still look great.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2007 22' International CCD
fLUSHING , New York
Wow guys thank you I used alcohol and it took about 1/2 per letter. It seems the clear coat is all right but when I rub my hands over it it's not as smooth. I found the asshole and brought him into the trailer and shared with him my dream and how his spear of a moment chrapp really effected me my family and how hurt and saddened. I think he under stud and feel he may think twice next time. Again thanks to all of you. I could have just busted his head open but im much wiser in my older age.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
You are a better man for it. I would have struggled with the same feelings but in the end you did the right thing. Try some wax, a good paste wax - you may find it will help - I hope so.

Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCosta View Post
Wow guys thank you I used alcohol and it took about 1/2 per letter. It seems the clear coat is all right but when I rub my hands over it it's not as smooth. I found the asshole and brought him into the trailer and shared with him my dream and how his spear of a moment chrapp really effected me my family and how hurt and saddened. I think he under stud and feel he may think twice next time. Again thanks to all of you. I could have just busted his head open but im much wiser in my older age.
I notice you're from the City - and graffiti is so common there the kid who did it probably didn't even think. You're a good person to have resisted the impulse to modify his dental array with a heavy 2 ft piece of rebar. Waxing the trailer sounds like a good idea - have the kid do it, and if that doesn't get the Airstream back to original shape, have the kid pay to have P & S recoat it. Forebearance is good - but restitution should be expected.

GOOD Karma to you, Paula
Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I notice you're from the City - and graffiti is so common there the kid who did it probably didn't even think. You're a good person to have resisted the impulse to modify his dental array with a heavy 2 ft piece of rebar. Waxing the trailer sounds like a good idea - have the kid do it, and if that doesn't get the Airstream back to original shape, have the kid pay to have P & S recoat it. Forebearance is good - but restitution should be expected.

GOOD Karma to you, Paula

Paula,
"modify his dental array with a heavy 2 ft piece of rebar" X 2
This is the quote of the month for me and honestly, I'm more forgiving to accidental dents or damages but not graffiti. It's a big crime in NY, especially in the 5 Boroughs of NYC.

Da Costa - Like everyone have said, you are a good person that we can all learn from. "Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave" Indira Gandhi.