Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Ghost Busters!

Have any of you used these products: Ghost Off Oxidation Remover, RV Oxidation Remover or Rapid Remover by Rapid Tac? Just trying to get rid of peeling stripes, ghost numbers and the round seal ghost print.
badkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
The Sign Lady

1969 23' Safari
1974 Argosy 22
1964 24' Tradewind
Victoria , British Columbia
Oh ya... Sign Lady here... you definitely need to buy the rapid remover you will use it in places you never thought possible. the obvious decal goo removal, tape residue removal, sap removal, road tar removal, Silicon removal, I even used it to de sticky the walls inside my old trailer...its awesome stuff. Doesn't affect the clear coat either, I use it here a work daily and have used and entire gallon at home on my 69 argosy restoration. It removes the old vulkem.

You use it AFTER you remove the old stripes (a blow dryer or a sunny day helps heat the glue and ease the removal process) the rapid remover take the glue off. Spray it on 30 to 60 seconds scrape it off repeat if needed wipe the remnants with a paper towel soaked in the stuff. A quart will likely work for your newer trailer. It doesn't work to remove the newer lines of sealants.

As for the Ghost off. I got a sample from the supplier several years back tried it twice and well...it's still on the shelf... I use wet Mr Clean magic erasers for haze removing on vehicles at the shop.

Rapid tac is an application fluid for when applying new decals, you would likely not need it anywhere but if you do want to do a wet application of a decal you can make your own rapid tac. In a spray bottle, mostly fill with water, add two drops dish soap and 2 tablespoons isopropyl alcohol, add 5 mils Vanilla extract if you want it to smell as pretty as the original stuff. easy peesy...
thesignlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Gazoo!

1963 19' Globetrotter
Denver , Colorado
Sweneau here,
So for the interior painted application (don't even know what it is, but it's off white color and textured), what is the product of choice to strip this stuff to expose sheet aluminum again?
Sweneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #4
The Sign Lady

1969 23' Safari
1974 Argosy 22
1964 24' Tradewind
Victoria , British Columbia
That interior finish is some sort of super duper bullet proof vinyl. I can tell you I have been removing decals for 22 years and I wouldn't attempt to remove that manually. I have heard of others using citrus strip though...I'm guessing its like paint stripper
thesignlady is offline   Reply With Quote