Old 05-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1966 26' Overlander
San Luis Obispo , California
Buy the purple degreaser at Home Depot. Mix 20 oz with 1 gallon of water. Soak your rags, wool bonetts, clothes, etc overnight, wring out, then throw in the washer. They will look like new. No scum in the washer either. Save the degreaser as it can be used many times before it is too dark to clean anymore.

slofoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1974 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Here is the angle polisher I got from Harbor Freight, it got bad reviews but mine works fine. There is a cheaper one that got better reviews but the store was out of that one the day I went:

7" Electronic Polisher

The kit from ebay I bought:

New Airstream Bambi Caravel Safari 24ft or Longer Aluminum Buffing Polish Kit | eBay

It came with 2 pink bars and one grey, I think it would have been better with one pink and 2 grey, I think the second pink one if for future use.

This is my first time polishing an Airstream so I can't speak to the other methods but this seems to be working well so far. The main theme I keep picking up on all the methods is it takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time no matter how you do it

tom p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1974 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Here is a pic as of today. You can see where to the left I have done the first and second pass and the smaller section on the right is just the first pass. None of it has the liquid polisher on it yet. The only pic with the liquid polisher is the small corner section on the rear that I put in the first post. I did it by hand, I don't have a cyclo. At this point I am still learning and experimenting. There are some spots I have missed or not polished out completely that I might have to go back to or maybe I will get a cyclo, not sure how this will end I have a trailer coming next week to so I'm going to shift to working on that while I let the 22 year old work on the polishing

tom p is offline   Reply With Quote