Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #1

Exterior

I just both a 1971 27' Airstream that does not shine. I was told to use the air conditioner spray that is used on the alumnium coils in home A/C. I tried it on a piece of 1/4" aluminum and it worked good. Would this type of chemical damage the exterior aluminum of my Airstream? I would like something that works to make it shine so any advice would help. Thanks,
Layjhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:10 AM   #2
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Shine on

You can literally spend an hour or two reading the opinions and processes of shining Airstreams.

Just do a search on "polishing"

About the Aircondition coil cleaner,
I believe you have succeded in presenting the forum with a new method. I cannot wait to see the opinions on this one.

I hopes it works for you whichever method you use because them Airstreams do look good when they are shiny up

Good luck,
Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Air conditioner coil cleaners are another form of acid.

Cleaning or etching the exterior of "ANY" Airstream trailer or motorhome, with any acid, will cause hundreds of leaks over a period of time.

This question comes up every couple of months or so.

The answer remains the same.

DON'T.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com
airstreamcandy.com
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote