Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Cyclo Polisher -- Which Model & Attachments -- Is There A Difference?

Hello polishing aficianados!

We're getting ready to purchase a Cyclo polisher, have been checking into them, and noticed that they come in various models; some packages having attachments.

First, I'm wondering if there is much difference between the models? It seems the top model is called a "Pro" -- is it heavier duty, which to me translates into lasting longer. Also, are the pads and/or attachments difficult to find or more expensive than buying them as a package deal with the Cyclo?

Secondly, is there a weight difference between the various models? I suppose the heavier may be better in a much as getting a shine, but I'm a female and don't have as much upper arm strength as my husband.

Do some models have different speeds than others, and if so, which is best for polishing an AS?

Thanks so much for any information.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
We bought our Cyclo polisher(s) - actually a couple of them . The first one was from the 60's and worked great! But we kept finding newer ones @ garage sales/thrift stores/etc. and sold/gave the others to friends. None of them have come with any extra attachments - and we haven't had a need for them. The only difference between the oldest one and the newer ones we've had is the 60's model had the switch "upside down" which meant that if you were holding it vertically and got tired (duh!) it would slip in your hand and turn itself off. Not very productive - and something they changed in later years.

Everything else we've needed we got at Perfect Polish or VTS.

I know there are other things that Cyclo can do that may need some of the attachments - but all we use it for is polishing our trailers and an occaisional quick wax-job on cars.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote