Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Cleaning debris from roof? White roof?

We set up a scaffold today and I climbed up for my first look at the roof of our AS. I can see the effect of parking outdoors in springtime under the locust tree (the only choice we have at this time). Anyway, I have a job to do tomorrow, washing and scrubbing away all the debris. If anyone has any tips for me for this, I'd appreciate it. We have a power washer, but I am leary about using it considering all the accessories up there with sealer. I wondered when AS began adding the white roof on units? What is the white roof made of? Is this a cover over aluminum or is the roof wholly different from the rest of the trailer? So much to learn. . . Thanks for comments. (Gotta get cleaned up before the weekend at Moraine View!)
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
It's an aluminum panel painted white. I think it may have come when they introduced the wide body units or shortly thereafter. The wide body units do not curve as severly as the vintage units therefore you can't see the white roof from the ground.

I use a soft brush on a telescopic pole. That allows me to wash the roof from my 12' A frame ladder. Personally I wouldn't use a power washer on the trailer anywhere unless it was spraying water for rinsing purposes and at minimal pressure.

Treetop roof stuff is difficult to remove. Especially if it bakes in. I'm a clean freak and wash the trailer before and after each outing. That pretty much keeps the crud from baking in.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote