Old 09-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
Eugene , Oregon
I've been told that when cleaning my Bambi Sport' I should wash "with the grain". Since I don't really see any grain, I'm not sure what that means. Is that "up/down" strokes or "left/right"?

tjwoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Greenwood Village , Colorado
Hello all, so I am a newbie here and in the process of purchasing my first new AS here in a few weeks. But I own a car wash and just wanted to share a few things with you all. We buy towels from a place Dr Joe Towels and they have a specific towel for bugs that is micro fiber, it is very soft and gentle on surfaces. Ultra 95 Magic Mesh Bug Removal Towel

Also you never want to use any household cleaners on painted services. The better you can buy the better off you are. For one it won't harm the surface, won't leave any residue and you can do in half the time. If you use a good self serve car wash where they have soft water and Reverse Osmosis for the spot free is the best bet for you. Because not everyone can buy the professional grade items we use, I find the second best is from Griots Garage. They have nice gentle products and a great wax system as well for Random Orbitals. When using, keep down the speed and watch the service temp, that is what causes all mares in the finish

sunahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #17
2015 27' FB International
2016 30' International
Felton , California
Comet or Bon Ami is the last thing I would use on any vehicle or trailer. It is abrasive and will quickly scratch the surface.
Soap, water, and a soft cloth should be used, or bug and tar remover if you need to available at auto parts store. Keep the trailer waxed and they will come off easier in the future.
Cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
Also it's best to wash any clear coat when the temperature of the surface is cooler as the surface is harder and less chances of scratching the surface , always start by rinsing the trailer first then ,wash sections starting at the roof then lower sections, washing with the grain ,not scrubbing in circles and rinsing your wash mit or brush offen ,this avoids scratching as dirt is abrasive, it's best not to use a power washer if you don't have experience with them as they could do some damage , I have a gas powered washer 2500 psi and on full throttle with a strait nozzle installed it can cut asphalt ! If I'm going to use a pressure washer I use the fan nozzle reduce the engine speed ( which reduces water pressure) and stay back from the surface. When someone says wash with the grain ,look at your airstream and you will see a pattern in the finish ( corner)end caps grain is on a angle , middle end cap panel top to bottom vertical,side of trailer left right horizontal .

2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote