Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #21
Land Yacht 2016

2016 28' Land Yacht
Rowayton , Connecticut
Micro-Poxy https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/micropoxy.php

MICRO-POXY AIRCRAFT CLEARCOAT from Aircraft Spruce

Micro-Poxy
I just used it today - The description is amazing and it seems to apply very easy - love it!
I believe that the $1 Million plane owners know what they are doing to keep their coated alu planes healthy!!!

Michael
MSiek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Hello Michael,

I found it very easy to apply as well. I was not successful on obtaining an MSDS so i dont know whats in it.. Im still not sure if the words Clearcoat mean that it provides the clearcoat or it works on clearcoat. In talking with the guys at Aircraft Spruce they assure me its the perfect fit for what we are doing.. but i dont know for sure. Glad your happy with the product.. time will tell..

Cheers Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Sweet Valley , Pennsylvania
Xxponet

While researching the maker of Micro Poxy, I contacted the company and got a call back today from a Donald Fraser. He is indicating they have a new product called XXPONET. They will soon have a website Xxponet.com which is not yet active but he says will be in several weeks. He is sending me some to try. States it is good directly over the clearcoat, applies like wax. Presently I have no problems BUT I am looking to do as much preventative matainance as possible. I will update as soon as I get more info.

Jim
TROPHYJIM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #24
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROPHYJIM2 View Post
While researching the maker of Micro Poxy, I contacted the company and got a call back today from a Donald Fraser. He is indicating they have a new product called XXPONET. They will soon have a website Xxponet.com which is not yet active but he says will be in several weeks. He is sending me some to try. States it is good directly over the clearcoat, applies like wax. Presently I have no problems BUT I am looking to do as much preventative matainance as possible. I will update as soon as I get more info.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Good work. When i spoke to the guy representing the company he said somethink like that as well. There might be a new product that they can release to the public as this one is tied up in legal wranglings. I will stay posted for this new website.

Thanks Vinnie

Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
O.K. So if this Micro poxy works...will it work on the bare metal just after its been polished? We were looking round to see what to wax the finished areas of the AS...don't know yet. Also about how far will one jar of that micro go you think?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #26
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
O.K. So if this Micro poxy works...will it work on the bare metal just after its been polished? We were looking round to see what to wax the finished areas of the AS...don't know yet. Also about how far will one jar of that micro go you think?

I was able to wax my 30' twice on one bottle and maybe three times if I didnt go crazy with the stuff. Its very easy to apply and remove. I understand that most aircraft do not have a clearcoat on the aluminum so in theory this is the perfect application for the older airstreams.

I am waiting for the new product called X-ponent. I will try that in a small area and watch the results.

Good luck

Vinnie

Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROPHYJIM2 View Post
While researching the maker of Micro Poxy, I contacted the company and got a call back today from a Donald Fraser. He is indicating they have a new product called XXPONET. They will soon have a website Xxponet.com which is not yet active but he says will be in several weeks.
Xxponet

The web site is now live. Anyone used this product yet on a late model Airstream?
JakeSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Yes, reviews would be good.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Anyone have any more experience to add?
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
"What is XXPONET?

XXPONET is in a class by itself. It is far superior to any product that is available to the public at this time.

XXPONETis not a wax, polish, or teflon based sealant. It is a micro-thin, non porous, micro clear coating that is applied to the exposed areas of your vehicle: (paint, glass and metal surfaces)."

OK...so what exactly is it?

Anyone here used it?

Bob
Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Sierra Vista , Arizona
All,
It sounds like some good stuff; what do you use to remove those areas of corrosion? I have some around the Airstream plate (like Airslide's logo pic) and some around the belt line. Is Loc-tite alumium jelly recommended? I'm temporary living in Merritt Island, FL, and believe me, staying ahead of the salt spray issue is definitely a challenge... I'm washing this guy at least once a month and waxing him every other!
jsamuel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #32
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
I use a set of these from PetSmart.

Tried a lot of different tools to get all the corrosion out, these have worked well for me. It's very important to get thru all the filiform to the base aluminum and then clear the area.

Bob