Old 05-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
Jackson , Tennessee
Amen. Newbe here. Did our first "sea trials" at a TN State Park last weekend. After outgrowing tenting I did popup and loved it. Wife has wanted an AS forever so I gave in.
Why are women alway right? Love our AS 19' 2005 Safari Bambie

K3ors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Black Diamond , Washington
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	552.4 KB
ID:	262493
and this is why we love our Airstream...ready to go for our next adventure!

toothpull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #31
Rivet Master
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
When I first towed our trailer, I got several thumbs up from passing cars. That continues today and I am sure you all experience it as well. Really cool to tow a bit of Americana.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We love our AS due to the many potential possible places we can go with it and have our home with us.

And no matter how long or tiring my day is, I will always smile when I see one being towed down the highway and wonder what adventure awaits.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #33
Currently Looking...
andalusia , Illinois
Here am I floating round my tin can...

On the road again... for ten months now I have been away form home, living in my Avion while working 12 hour days. In another month I will finally pull up stakes and head for home. I'm not sure I could tolerate this kind of work if not for the comfort of my trusty partner the "Flamin' Twinky". We have had many adventures over the years and, no doubt will have many more... Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	262505  
mikeoxlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #34
Wetzikon , Zurich
Originally Posted by ShinyPete View Post
I know, I's a man-made thing, it doesn't have a soul (or does it? ), it can leak, it needs maintenance and care, it isn't perfect, it will show it's age, it ought to come with no defects, etc., etc., etc............

However, in spending portions of the last two days cleaning and Walbernizing our Pete, our 2014 hand-crafted work of art, I am in love with Airstream all over again. I mean, come on, have you looked at the work these things took to build lately? Just the rivet lines around the window frames make me tired to think of the labor involved............

Whether they're 50 years old, 50 months old, or 50 hours old, man these things are so awesome! We're all SO blessed to be stewards of these creations for our enjoyment and that of the future owners...........

OK, I'll stop and go Walbernize the street side now........
Fully agree
We've been first time in a Airstream last day of 15 and it was like wow! We life in Europe and look forward to purchase one for second residence after my retirement. I've meet some full timer on recent coast to coast ride ( rental motor home)and was impressed how friendly and helpful airstreamers are! I m lifelong biker and it seems about the same spirit.
Peterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:47 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member
1976 25' Tradewind
Kimberton , Pennsylvania
Airstream = integrity

'I didn’t want a trailer,” I recently told someone. “I wanted an Airstream."
BicenTw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member
2016 19' Flying Cloud
Denham Springs , Louisiana
Airstream: The Great Equalizer

Along those lines, I was having a bit of a contentious issue with a plumber where I work. It wasn't bad, but suffice it to say we were disagreeing on a job and how much it was going to cost. He came into my office to look at a timeline of the job he was working on with other contractors and he saw a wallpaper picture of our 2016 19' FC on one of my monitors. At once he started talking about how he loved Airstreams and wanted to get one for a side business he and his wife were starting. They wanted to travel around selling their products and he really loves the Eddie Bauer design where the rear end opens up but they were looking in the $15k range and he said it was hard to find even a gutted Airstream for that. So for now an SOB will have to suffice.

We talked for a while about my ambition to retire soon and boondock travel for long periods of time with my bride of 29 years and he said he and his new bride were wanting to do the same. He later sent me a link for a road trip that winds around the US and hits every national park in the lower 48. I found it interesting how just a picture of our Airstream Sylva completely changed a situation, a mood and a relationship.
wareaglewalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member
1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
My older teen boys think it's a cool trailer and that's really saying something ! Brings a smile to my face everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1470980156.835920.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	268861  

nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote