Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Gail,

I'm glad to hear we have a new Airstreamer on the forums. Rod at C&G is where I get my work done. He has always completed my repais as promised. He is highly recommended and they've been in business only working on Airstreams for over 40 years.

He is very patient with his customers but he does have a backlog of trailers that are completed and the owners forget where they left them! That must be frustrating.

Good luck on your repairs. If you want something sooner than later call Rod and talk to him about it.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
I agree with "Goin".

Name:   econ_goldtooth.gif
Views: 110
Size:  2.5 KB

r/
Safari-rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

I looked at Uwe's website. His projects look good. A few years ago there was a restorer around named Craig Dorsey at Vintage Vacations. He was top dollar and did exceptional work on complete total makeovers. I heard that his restorations hit $50,000 and above.

Just curious, is that what Uwe does? I haven't heard of him before. I don't see an address on his website. Where does he do his work? I am looking for a vintage trailer to restore but I don't want to invest thousand of dollars to do it.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Uwe has explained to me in detail what incredible options he has for vintage and modern Airstreams. I would not hesitate to have him work on any of my Airstreams and likely will. You have to look at his site and recognize the talent he has.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLB21 View Post
I looked at Uwe's website. His projects look good. A few years ago there was a restorer around named Craig Dorsey at Vintage Vacations. He was top dollar and did exceptional work on complete total makeovers. I heard that his restorations hit $50,000 and above.

Just curious, is that what Uwe does? I haven't heard of him before. I don't see an address on his website. Where does he do his work? I am looking for a vintage trailer to restore but I don't want to invest thousand of dollars to do it.
LLB21,

Two of Craig Dorsey's employees are now working at MEL Trailers in Orange, just around the corner from Uwe. MEL has done floor replacement and roof reinforcement on my Liner. I am very satisfied with their work. Uwe's work is first class also and has always been available to give me advise.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Uwe does everything from installing a fantastic fan to turning a pile of shrapnel into a work of art. It really depends on what you want done. His labor rates are lower than an Airstream dealership and the quality of his work astounding.

From my visits to his shop to have work done. He appears to do one restoration at a time and he fits in smaller jobs around that.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
"Rod is very honest but slow as molasses."
---
To me, it is always better if I have to wait. I would much rather deal with an experienced heart surgeon that has a line at his door, than an experienced one that does not, know what I mean?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
repairs

Keep in mind that a non Airstream dealer cannot purchase parts from the factory, unless they are in Jackson Center.

Uwe does do good work, but he must buy Airstream parts from an Airstream dealer.

We sell him parts from time to time.

Andy
Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #23
Area 63 Productions
Commercial Member

1963 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 19' Globetrotter
Orange , California
Send a message via Skype™ to Area63
Quote:

Hello LLB21,

There is a map on my website that gives our location. We have a small shop in the heart of Orange County, CA. ( City of Orange)
Forum rules prohibit posting vendor pricing information by a vendor, but please do know that a decent Airstream restoration is not a cheap endeavor. Even if you do it yourself, the items needed to do it right add up quickly.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #24
Area 63 Productions
Commercial Member

1963 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 19' Globetrotter
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Keep in mind that a non Airstream dealer cannot purchase parts from the factory, unless they are in Jackson Center.

Uwe does do good work, but he must buy Airstream parts from an Airstream dealer.

We sell him parts from time to time.

Andy
Indeed, Andy, you do. I feel fortunate to be located only 20min from you. It makes it easy to run out and get what's needed when it's needed.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #25
Area 63 Productions
Commercial Member

1963 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 19' Globetrotter
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
Agree with Goin. We highly recommend Uwe. He is completely restoring our 68 Ambassador and we are very pleased with his work. He has posted a thread here that showed the restoration of his own 63 Overlander. That thread speaks for itself. On top of that, Uwe has shared a great deal of restoration information on this forum for many others. He is tops in our book. paula
Thank you Paula, for the very kind words.
To anyone that is interested, there's a blog on SteSpot.
Work in Progress
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Fortunate to have great resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area63 View Post
Indeed, Andy, you do. I feel fortunate to be located only 20min from you. It makes it easy to run out and get what's needed when it's needed.
I agree that we are indeed fortunate to have so many great resources in our So California area for our Airstreams......especially in these tough economic times......pj

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel