Old 12-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2015 30' International
Felton , California
What is this leak? +How to get the fridge out?

I have had this leak reoccurring under the fridge on the right for some time. I called airstream and they said check the drain tube coming out of the back of the fridge.

I did check it on the outside and moved the end of it to make sure it was going out of the trailer and not rolling back in and under the floor. When I adjusted it it was dry, so I'm not entirely sure it was going back inside and under the floor - just a hunch. Checked it today and it was indeed dripping outside of the trailer and not rolling back in (at least today). BUT, there's also still a big puddle under my fridge.

So, either it's somewhere else on the drain tube (the back of the fridge?) or it's something else completely. I've ruled out rain.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this same leak (what is it?) and/or if anyone knows how to pull the fridge out of a 2015 International Signature (30ft)?

The water on the floor is here:

I moved the drain tube out about an inch to reach the gully on the outside, just to make sure it's draining out:

It's not evident how to pull the fridge out to get behind it:

sfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
2002 25' Safari
Ramona , California
Hi there, I run in to this all the time, make sure trailer is leveled, and if you don't have water lines or the water pump somewhere under or close to the refer, then is totally the condensation drip hose maybe it was broken on installation, is thin plastic so wen I replace them I upgrade to better hose, do to the fact that the cooling unit on the back of the refrigerator gets pretty hot.
I Recomend you to call someone to help with removing the refer, what I do is....
1- close propane tanks
2- disconnect power to refrigerator 110 volts & 12 volts.
3- remove screws holding refrigerator, 2 on top 2 on bottom ( have to remove upper and lower vessels to get access to screws)
4- remove propane line.
5- then I push refer out enough, to be able to reach to the top were the hose is from the back, and replace it.

RVMS2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
i have the same problem...same place where the water seeps in...but only when it rains seriously...i think it comes into the vent and then seeps in???will try and take pictures..the previous owner obviously had the same problem and put a plastic strip on...but the water comes in from the the strip is useless...for now i cover the vents when not in use with a sheet of plastic....everything is turned off for the i know its rainwater coming in....
la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
2002 25' Safari
Ramona , California
Maybe if you level trailer so it's draining to outside vent.
RVMS2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master
1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Likely not your problem, but I thought I would mention it here. I once had the drip tray in the fridge pulled forward slightly. Just enough that some of the dripping condensation was missing the collection/catchment area.
Siegmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #6
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I have rain water that comes in the trailer from under the fridge only during downpours and only when I'm driving. I checked everything too, only to find out it was entering through the outside vented door. Since I always have the fridge running while I drive, I simply put a couple of water hungry micro fiber mop heads inside on the floor behind the fridge, between the outer vent door and the back of the fridge. When I stop for a break while driving I take the mop heads out squeeze and put them back behind the fridge so they can do their job. When I stop for the night, I'll remove and dry them. Generally, I don't leave them in there unless it looks like another rainy day of travel.
Note: These mop heads just sit on the floor between the fridge and the outside side vent door and catch any water that enters through the door.
Someday, when I get to JC I'll have them take a look at it, but till then this seems to work.

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote