Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 19' Caravel
Hummelstown , Pennsylvania
What do you think this is?

Hello,
Looking for some advice to figure out what is going on. I have a 2016 International and just noticed a clicking sound coming from the storage compartment behind a side panel and a flashing red light. Lot's of electrical stuff in there including the inverter so I was able to hold my camera in the area and got a picture of where it is coming from. Some additional info to consider. It's parked in my yard, currently unplugged from shore power, I have the solar package, my battery charge readout is usually indicating 100% or close to 100%, it is intermittent and this has just been discovered so if I was guessing it starts doing it when I have been using DC pwr such as lights, fan etc. When it does happen it is the red charge light that is flashing along with the orange low light. It happens regardless of the use or store switch position. I think that about covers it. As you can tell, I am no electrician but I am thinking maybe my batteries need replacing or a relay is bad. Not sure what that black box is to begin with. Maybe a batt charger? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream_Elect_issue.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	318127
pdonohue47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
That's the controller for your factory solar charging system.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2021 19' Caravel
Hummelstown , Pennsylvania
So do you think that is what the problem is: a bad solar charger controller? or is the unit just telling me there is a problem within the system (battery, wiring, etc)
Thanks,
Patrick
pdonohue47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Your owner's manual, or a separate pamphlet from the solar mfg., should tell you what you need to know IMO.

The red light is next to the label Charge and the other lights are labeled Full, Partial and Low FWIW.

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote