Old 09-02-2003, 08:12 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Hard Sweat Support for the Airstream

We've had our vintage Airstream for a month now and have yet to do much with it except to clean the inside. I spent the weekend wiring my garage. I had an electrician put in a 100 amp service, a 30 amp outlet and a meter socket. I finished up outlets, lights and everything else inside. Now we are waiting for the power company to make the underground connection and install a meter. That could be a couple of weeks away. Frustrating! When I get power I can start checking out our prize in earnest.

I also needed to expand my parking area. We have very little flat land on our 1.5 wooded acres. We barely got the Airstream parked and it partially angles in front of the garage because we had to miss a 3 ft. diameter stump. So, I removed the stump and roots and filled in the hole with limestone base. I then scoured our grounds for glaciated boulders and found enough bowling ball and bigger size to build a 35 ft long retaining wall that allowed me to shovel and wheel barrow about 8 cubic yards of limestone base fill. That was my labor day weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fill_in.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2932  

Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:30 AM   #58
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
This weekend I got to play with air bags. replaced both of mine. It took longer to safely support the MH than it did to do the actual replacement. I finished the flooring in the bathroom, and replaced the bathroom faucet as well as got started on the upholstery. Replaced some of the weatherstrip that had gotten gooey on the bathroom, shower and closet doors. I also cleaned the faded aftermarket window film off of 2 vista views.

What did you do?

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:06 AM   #59
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Finished up the last couple of pieces for the electrical panel and loose assembled it, started on the instrument cluster mount. Getting ready to go to the engravers, hopefully to sit down and get it all right the third time.

Brett- did you get the rest of the bolts out of the barrel chairs?

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	2993  
Old 09-08-2003, 06:20 AM   #60
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Nope,

I decided the screws were going to need more leverage than I could do with a big screwdriver so I got a screw extractor so I can drill and remove them. I tried to do one, but the screws are hardened steel, so the only thing i accomplished was ruining the pocket for the screwdriver. I have been soaking them with WD40 ever couple of days so I hope they will break loose soon. If not I may have to go the sawzall route. I am planning on replacing the screws anyway, so all I have to do is leave enough of a stub to get a pair of channellocks on and I will be fine. I have a week or so before they HAVE to be out. I am ordering the carpet this week and it will take 10 to 14 days before it is in.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 09-08-2003, 07:41 AM   #61
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
When you put them back in put anti-sieze on them, they will come out a lot better next time.

John
Old 09-08-2003, 09:20 AM   #62
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Went Camping - Finally

We finally went camping in the 345! It was nice to spend a little time in it instead of under it. Kids loved it, roasted hot dogs on an open fire, made samores, and goofed around. Recharged everyone's batteries. Got quite a number of "Nice Airstream" from our fellow campers - that was very cool

Saw an Excella at the KOA but the owners where never there, also saw another 345 coming south on I-65. First time I've seen another one on the road.

There was a price to all of this fun however - when we were leaving the brake pedal felt pretty soft...I added some fluid and it came right back but I noticed a wet spot under the master cylinder this morning. So...back under it this week!
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Got started on the restoration of our 59. Pulled the galley and started to disassemble the bed frame and bath. Goal is to have the interrior stripped in the next 2 weeks and get started on the floor replacement by end of month.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #64

Thumbs up

Pulled our 22 ft. CCD to College Station, Texas for an Aggie football game. Dry camped in a campus parking lot two nights with a bunch of friendly folks. Great weather, great tailgating and an exciting football game.

Is this a great country or what?
4.10 Rear
Honda EU2000i
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Not much

I did some small trailer-oriented tasks in my workshop. I'm working on a design for a wine rack to go on top of the refrigerator in the trailer. Also, I am doing some minor redesign on the folding table I built last winter.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #66
IPM
1996 clipper gas 34'

Blue Springs , Missouri
Labor day weekedn

camped at Virginia beach and played at Sandbridge Va.

Last weekend cleaned out the workshop. Two loads of junk (8 x4 x4 trailor) to the dumpster.

This weekedn will work on the airstream (slung ac belt again, install bilsteins, fix rear air bag pump) and wifes car.

Next weekend going to the NC state Rally at outerbanks. Will do some water skiing while there also.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Re: Not much

Quote:
Originally posted by Pahaska
I did some small trailer-oriented tasks in my workshop. I'm working on a design for a wine rack to go on top of the refrigerator in the trailer. Also, I am doing some minor redesign on the folding table I built last winter.
Fancy!

I'm still at needing baby bottle racks and toy boxes LOL.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #68
1 Rivet Member

Oh, for Pete's sake...it was the opening of dove season in California...we went out and "wallowed in the dirt and killed small feathered creatures." If you find that offensive, you might have changed your mind if you'd shared our dinner!
Old 09-14-2003, 03:03 PM   #69
1 Rivet Member

Re: Re: Not much

Quote:
Originally posted by 59toaster

Fancy!

I'm still at needing baby bottle racks and toy boxes LOL.
Yes, it seems we have visited the wine rack before.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #70
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
I ordered the carpet for the MH

No real progress on my MH, but I did finish the sale of our 1976 MH and deliver it to the new owners in GA.

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49