Old 08-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #29
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Send my weekend, towing my silver bullet , from south of FRANCE, to my home , in the north, 1200km distance, on french motorways, with great temperature outside. 1,5 day long too.

Bruno.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Have you started yet ?

qqq

Quote:
53 FC you are the winner
Thank you ~!!

ciao

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:56 PM   #31
qqq
4 Rivet Member

53 FC

I never stop

Hart
Old 08-21-2003, 09:09 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

I love this thread, but I feel like such a slacker!! This weekend, note to self... work on Airstream.... drink beer.... have fun.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
My Weekend Started Early!

New weekend and starting early. I took today (Friday) off. 20 years ago I built a timber frame home. In order to do so I had to build a remote garage first. The power company would not give me power to this garage so I had to borrow power from the next door neighbor with extension cords. My garage is 110 feet from my house. 10 years ago I tried again and got turned down. When I bought my Airstream 3 weeks ago I gave it the good 'ol college try and called again. This time, no problem! I'm getting power with a separate feed and meter. So today I had an electrician wire my garage to accept the meter. put in a 100 amp service and a 30 amp outside outlet for my Airstream. Damn! now I have to wait about three weeks for the final hookup.

In the meantime I learned about rivets and repaired two of my Airstream windows, got my Chevy Trailblazer serviced at the dealer and spent the two hours waiting lusting over Suburbans and Avalanches.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:37 PM   #34
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Another weekend has passed and I crossed more off the to-do list.

Saturday:I finished installing my fridge and pulled the carpet and pad up in the galley of the coach. It was a mess. Hung out with Zduke for part of the day too.

Sunday: Cleaned it up enought inside (read as made it driveable)to take it to HD and get the 4X8 Sheet of plywood I needed for the kitchen counter. Then spent the rest of the day making big sheets of formica into little bits of formica dust. The new counter is in for now, but I may end up redoing it as I am unhappy with the way the laminte finished.

New sink is on order, faucet is sitting in the foyer, along with the flooring for the galley. Work is cutting into my available time to get it done.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #35
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
cleaned, fixed, cleaned, fixed...

it was 92 degrees with equal humidity. I don't have enough amps to the trailer to run the air.

I put a half-gallon of distilled water in five batteries (two in the coach, one each in the Trusty Rusty Toyota pickup & Excursion, and the tractor battery)

defrosted the fridge, removed the door from the fridge, and shimmed the bottom hinge bracket. fixed the fridge door handle... fired the fridge back up.

siliconed all of the window weather seals... tightened the screws in both sets of steps, and lubed the steps. cleaned the leather upholstery, wiped down all of the wood, fixed the shower drain...

collapsed dead tired tonight!
Old 08-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #36
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Put in an overdrive, the driveshaft should be ready by the middle of the week. It was a piece of cake to install even with all my mods.

Went overnight to Berea, KY to rescue a couple with a blown motor, bummer.

Worked some more on my wiring. The engraver has had my panel layout for nearly 2 weeks, he is starting to put me in a bind.

John
Old 08-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Lost weekend

My trailer is at the dealer waiting for a new thermostat for the AC. It worked fine all last year, but this year it started freezing us out; first once in a while, and then constantly.

In the meantime, my cork flooring is in the garage waiting.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:52 PM   #38
Lost My Rivets

2013 30' Classic
New Braunfels , Texas
I started re-weather stripping the windows and rescreening the window screens. I must be slow, I only got two windows re-weather stripped and one screen installed. The screen I'm using is a solar screen from HD. I'm hoping is doesn't make the interior to dark. It does make it harder to see inside from the outside though (that'll make it harder on the peeping toms).

John
Old 08-24-2003, 08:53 PM   #39
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
wax on wax off

waxed the excella, used my new cyclo!

quite the time saver!

cooked some pork on the grill.

john
Old 08-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I started to strip the paint off of my propane tanks, so I can polish them. I used Citristrip. I may try Aircraft Stripper next. There must be 3 coats on there. Maybe I need to just keep trying the Citristrip. Why they painted them in the first place, I'll never know.

Contrary to what I said before, I tried putting on my WBCCI numbers today. I got a set on the back. Wrecked the "3" so I am short one. Did not do as good of job as I would have liked, but it looks OK. I may just leave the front ones off.

I brined some Alaskan salmon, they are curing now in the AS fridge. May smoke them tomorrow night.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #41
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Did my sewer vent pipe gaskets, finally. They were in rough shape...no way they were keeping water out. where that water was going, though...I'm not entirely sure! nothing obvious in the vicinity of the vents, anyway, but it had to be going somewhere. I'm hoping that maybe they were the source of my ceiling leak, but that water was coming in at a higher point than the vent cover, as well as many feet away. I know, water can travel inside quite a distance, but uphill, too? perhaps.....we'll just have to wait for the next torrential downpour to find out. (the leak only appears when it rains really hard; light rain...no problem.).

While I was at it, I did the range hood cover, and the seams where the endcaps meet the roof. I also removed the hardware that a PO had installed to hold those maxx-air vent covers. there were brackets that were installed with screws through the skin, and silliconed heavily. took a while to get that damn silicone off. then I filled the holes with olympic rivets.

Now I've got 3/4 of a tube of vulkem left....quick, what else can I seal before it hardens up?? LOL! maybe I'll do the hot water heater..that caulk looks pretty tired. the bead over all the windows looks to be in good shape, still. I just hate the idea of wasting all that vulkem, especially since I have to mail-order it.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #42
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Chuck,

To store the vulcem, wrap it tightly in saran wrap, the whole tube and stick it in the refer. Just remeber to remove it a couple of hours before you need it or it will not flow. I have stored partial tubes this way for up to a month.

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote