Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
While it is a long 1-day drive from Vermont to Jackson Center, you may want to consider it. The service there is excellent and AS factory may consider this under warranty. Call ahead to book an appointment and plan to stay a few days while the repair is being done - they do move your trailer onto the terraport at the end of each day for you to sleep in. A dealer may not necessarily have the interior parts if they are in need of replacement due to water damage, but they are on hand at the factory, so no delays.

AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2008 22' Sport
Green Mountains , Vermont
Can't get that much time off right now. Drove to NJ last night. Stayed at a campground. Used their wi-fi so I could work over the internet. Slept an hour. Dropped the trailer off at Colonial. Was a little stressed, but after talking with them a bit, my blood pressure dropped back to near normal. It's in good hands. Heading back home so I can get back to work.

nesvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2008 22' Sport
Green Mountains , Vermont
Wanted to provide an update. The trailer is back home. Colonial Airstream did an outstanding job. It was there for five weeks. They were still waiting for one more part, but I had to pick it up before my family killed me for several cancelled camping trips.

I gave Colonial a long list. A very long list. It had over two dozen items. It included the leak inside the front of the trailer, but also listed things like a leaking bathroom faucet, water inside the exterior side lights, filiform. The final invoice from them was nine pages.

The leak was at the front window. They sealed it. They also went around the trailer and on top, sealing and re-caulking anything that looked suspicious. Replaced exterior handle near door, installed the missing exterior shower, gave me a new lift because the gears were stripped on the original, installed a new 7 way cable, and the list goes on. The technician noticed things not on my list, like some pitted bezels on the rear lights... replaced. I complained about some rust spots near the windows and the front frame. They repainted. They even offered to give me a new-buyer walk-thru when I mentioned how quick mine was from the original dealer.

The only things that were not covered were the battery and filiform. I left the filiform as-is, and I purchased a battery through Colonial. The part that was still in transit from Airstream was the track on one of the tambour doors. It is cracked and separated into two pieces. It works, but I was concerned it may eventually split further.

Have used it three times since and all is... or was well. Dealing with two new issues now. The gray tank no longer appears on the system status monitor. It is only checking fresh, black, and battery. The microwave/convection oven is possessed. It started randomly beeping last week. I searched on Google for "sylvania microwave convection oven sc-11100 beep" and it appears to be a common problem. Looks like I need a new one, and the one year warranty through Sylvania is way past. The manual shows it is on a separate circuit. Book shows circuit #3. When I threw it to stop the beeps, I found out my #3 is #4 and #4 is #3. No idea why my trailer is wired differently than the manual shows. I assume they just mixed the positions of the two switches.

nesvt is offline   Reply With Quote