Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Water leaking out of scare light

I have a 2013 25FB Flying Cloud. It has a large round scare light/porch light on the curb side. The light is and LED type with a shiny (chrome?) ring. Even hours after a rain, I get an occasional drop of water coming done from this light. Last time I washed the trailer, I alternated pressing on the top and bottom of the light, "rocking" it. I got two or three teaspoons of water out of it.

When I first noticed this issue, I talked with Jackson Center about it and they said it was nothing to be concerned about. Having seen how much water gets into the fixture, I think I should be concerned. I worry about the light itself, and water getting into the trailer.

How is the light held in place? Can I remove it to inspect it and make sure the gasket is good? Should I put sealant around the outer or inner edge of the trim ring?

SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Just remove the three screws on the ring and the whole thing comes off. At least mine did but it is an 07.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
I just pulled my trailer out of storage this morning, and looked again at the light. There are no visible screws.

There was a recent thread here about tail lights, on a recent model that has no visible screws. In that case, the outer chrome ring is held in place by four tabs, and can be removed by careful prying. My scare light chrome ring has some free play, so I tried prying it, but it did not come off. I'm nervous about breaking it if I force it hard.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Im surperised at the answer from AS.

If you got a couple teaspoons of water out, then if left unattended, I think there is a pretty good chance water could eventually find its way to enter the trailer wall where the wiring comes out. Hopefully there is a rubber grommet - but even so.

Won't cause a problem in the short term - but that is the sort of thing that left unattended could eventually lead to rot of wooden floors ............. eventually!

You are wise to be pursuing it now!

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote