Old 05-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
Water Leak / Mystery

I have somewhat of a mystery on my hands. We just arrived in Albuquerque and when opening the door noticed water on the floor near the door and back to the left rear of the trailer. The floor was also wet under the sink, below where the fire extinguisher is mounted. By the way, I have a 2015 27' FB Serenity. There also water on the counter around the sink. As we were cleaning up the water, I opened the cabinet and noticed that the trap on the sink drain become un-tightened and one side was hanging loose. As I started to put the trap and pipe back together I noticed that the trap was full of water. Our drive the last few days has been on some very rough, bumpy roads so I assume the trap worked its way loose during the trip. Probably wasn't tightened correctly in the first place. We have gone through quite a bit of rain the last two days and I am hoping that we don't have a leak. I keep the fresh water tank at 25% and verified it was that full when we departed. When I checked the level of the fresh water tank after cleaning up the floors, it read 31%. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 05-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I would imagine the readings on the meter aren't that accurate - is there any reason you'd have added water to the FW tank? If you're on a different angle than the last campsite, that might account for that discrepancy.

Did you leave your water pump on while traveling? As soon as there's an opening in the flow of water, the pump will kick on and if you had a trap disconnected from your sink and the pump kicked in, that could explain all the water.

Last - any vents/windows open even slightly? Was the door fully closed (does it close air tight?)?

I'd look at those first before assuming a leak - but dry up what you have, check door, vents, windows, tighten the trap and if you're in a rainy place, you'll know shortly whether it's something more serious. And good news if it is - you are still under warranty.

Good luck!!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
Water Leak / Mystery

Figured it out. The water came from the pipes under kitchen sink after the trap came loose. Starting with this trip, I am now opening the faucets in the kitchen and bath after removing the water hose. This should empty any remaining water in the lines and pipes before travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 05-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Pat, our p-trap did similar once. I used plumber putty on threads and never loosened again.. Over a year... But I do put a hand on them once in a while...and no movement... Also putty keeps leaks down should it loosen..
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote