Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zia View Post
... My experience has been very favourable with the quality work they have done e.g installation of solar system, moving the TV etc.
I just experienced some Airstream repair work at the factory, and it was a very good experience. Good work and customer relations, at a fair price. I have been to Jackson Center 4 times, and always have a good time. I didn't drink any "Kool-Aid", but the coffee is free.

WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
This is such a sad story.

There is no silver lining in this cloud of a story. We have lost some enthusiastic new AS owners, they have lost a lot of money, and Jackson Center has a bad mark on their reputation. I am sorry for your loss, Mojave. Thank you for takeing the time to share your experience.

I am not surprised because I have been reading about "issues" for several years now here on the forums. That was one of the deciding factors for us in buying a vintage (1968 model) and having Uwe Salwender rebuild it from the ground up. Of course, that took time and money. It took about 18 months to hand build an excellent quality trailer.....That said, we want Airstream to be successful. We know everyone cannot rebuild like we did and you should be able to buy a new trailer that is a quality long lasting unit. MDH is still lusting after a new 27' front bed.....and we do love our SteSpot.....paula

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2011 16' Sport
Tofino , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
There is no silver lining in this cloud of a story. We have lost some enthusiastic new AS owners, they have lost a lot of money, and Jackson Center has a bad mark on their reputation. I am sorry for your loss, Mojave. Thank you for takeing the time to share your experience.
Thanks Paula, I really appreciate your comment. I do wish things could have turned out differently.

You really are all great folks and have been the highlight in this otherwise unfortunate experience.

Thanks again everyone - your kindness and welcome spirit to a couple newbies never went unnoticed.

Lisa & Paul
Old 06-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #60
daveharc

Chandler , Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to daveharc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zia View Post
According to my dealer service folks they are trained at the AS factory periodically to make sure they are familiar with new design. My experience has been very favourable with the quality work they have done e.g installation of solar system, moving the TV etc.
Can you share the name of the AS dealer in California that does quality work?