Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Warranty gone BAD

I have a 2018 25A FC rear twin that had a creak in the bathroom floor. Now before you say ‘live with it’ this creak would wake the dead. I’m not a big poster, but I’ll attempt to insert the recording of the creaking noise. Anyway, I took my camper to Holiday World in Katy TX (outside of Houston) for the warranty repair. The news was we’ll have to drop the pan and the black tank to get to the area that needs to be shimmed up. OK, I’m not excited - but the creak must go. So, I told them to DO IT. They said okee doke, see you in 3 months! I said that was not an option, so 6 weeks later - the call came to come get my baby. Ready to roll. Sure enough, no creak and I’m excited. I headed home and put my camper back in enclosed storage until the weather this weekend called for a trip to a local state park. We load, drive 3 hrs to Jasper, TX and back into our slip. I hooked up the water and turned on the spigot. Instantly I hear screaming and water is coming out everywhere in the trailer and out the bottom. I traced back to this - (see pic) 2 main tees sheared off (and mind you we have not had cold temps, so not a result of freezing). How could Holiday World have ripped this apart and then had the mind to button it all up and ‘hope it works out’? Or better question, is it possible they dropped the pan and had to lower the fresh water tank too and they put it back and possibly didn’t secure the tank and the fittings ripped out while I drove to my camp site this Friday? I’m completely horrified as I like my equipment taken care of and now a simple floor creak has led to this atrocity. Finally, I want it fixed right and I don’t want to see a bunch of mends in my piping, etc. Does anyone know how they could have torn this up and/or what caused these fittings to break? There is a great Airstream repair shop in Houston called Bob Jones RV repair, but corporate Airstream had a falling out w/ them and they sent me to the monkeys at Holiday World. Guess I’ll have to go back there?? Very disheartened about the whole thing and needless to say our camping trip was a bust.. :-(Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3369.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	333749
Dockholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Do you have any fittings etc to fix this? Possibly get a plumber that knows how to work with Pex if you don’t know how. Just a thought. Hate to see your plans ruined. Bummer.

I’d probably try going to a local hardware dealer and maybe he could set you up with the necessary tools as well and try to fix yourself.

This may be a good example to remind ourselves that after we take something to get repaired we make sure all systems work before we leave.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
Do you have any fittings etc to fix this? Possibly get a plumber that knows how to work with Pex if you don’t know how. Just a thought. Hate to see your plans ruined. Bummer.

I’d probably try going to a local hardware dealer and maybe he could set you up with the necessary tools as well and try to fix yourself.

This may be a good example to remind ourselves that after we take something to get repaired we make sure all systems work before we leave.

Yes, lesson learned. Ck your systems before pulling out.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
That's a $20 fix with sharkbite fittings.
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:26 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
If I could reach it. I stuck my phone up in there to take that picture.