Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Wanted to share results of great customer service...

I recently contacted Fantastic fan company to order a replacement dome for the nearly 20 year old fan in my Excella. Nothing was wrong with it, just a little dull and I couldn't rejuvinate it....

I recall there being a "lifetime" type warranty, but I expected that naturally only to cover things that failed, not things that aged.
The fellow that helped not only sent me one gratis, but upgraded the "lift transmission, and a few other parts as well. Included in my shipment were several packs of a plastic cleaner, and some silicone to keep the rubber seal rejuvinated as well....

I had time yesterday afternoon to do the work, I ren into a slight snag, so I called their customer service again. I was directed to another very helpful fellow, who took the time to LISTEN, and help brainstorm to help solve the problem I was having.

Overall, we all know the Fantastic fan is a good product. It is reasonably priced, engineered well so it works well, it lasts a long time. Most pleasently, the company (I feel) is truly interested in helping its customers stay happy.

As a direct result of this good service, I have decided to replace the (lousy) AS front fan with another Fantastic product.

This is an example of keeping a customer happy through great customer service.

If you don't have a FF, and are considering one, do it, go buy one... the company certainly stands behind their product. 20 years later, they helped me rebuild it to current offerings, all for the price of shipping me a box of parts!

AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Welcome to the forum.
Fantastic is indeed very good about providing service after the sale. Monday, an Airstream with two Fantastic vents installed, and had two rain water leaks. I investigated, and found both of the bases cracked, and the water was leaking in through the cracks. I called Fantastic, a box with two new bases arrived Wednesday, and Thursday we removed the fans, replaced the bases, and re-installed them on the Airstream. No more leaks.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
I have had a similar, great experience with the people at Fantastic Fan. I had a cracked part on one of my fans, called the factory, and soon had replacement parts for both of my fans, although I had asked for parts for just one. This was all done at absolutely no charge to me, not even shipping. They have the best customer service I've ever seen.
2002 22' CCD
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yep, that's what they do, and will even walk you through removal and replacement if you need that kind of assistance.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I have had only good experiences with Fantastic. I had had a '94 LY moho where I was at least the 3rd owner. The Fantastic fan stopped working, so I called them asking for tech support. They promptly sent out a new main board. A year later, in a wind storm, the dome broke - again, they sent out the part. A year after that I went to the International at Bozeman, and was parked pre-rally at a local campground next the the guys from Fantastic. They looked at my fan and said that I had the wrong bezel and promptly changed it and made sure it was all working well. Fantastic Fan has fantastic customer service!
AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
Kansas City , Missouri
I replaced the original bathroom fan with a Fantastic Vent B2000. The original fan was never effective: the dome leaked and wouldn’t lower if the wind was up. And the fan itself didn’t move enough air to control humidity after a shower. Putting a Fantastic Vent in the bath is probably hitting a fly with a sledgehammer. But there’s a great warranty, excellent performance and good looks in return. Special-order fan: $280; Sikaflex: $12; Labor: $220. Major difference in preventing leaks and quickly venting the bathroom: priceless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-19-11, Kansas City 001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	394.8 KB
ID:	159513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9403.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	159514  

JBinKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I have the little VanAir 6" gutless wonder in the shower... I have often toyed with the idea of a full blown Fantastic in the bathroom for the genuine purpose of venting the bathroom and getting rid of the steam. Thanks for the nudge. A case of bigger really being better!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Rivet Master
2000 30' Excella
Pittsfield , Maine
Fantastic Fan Customer Service

A search of the site will reveal other threads with similar favorable comments about Fantastic Fan customer service.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote