Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
Ventline Bath Fan Problem

I have a 6 1/4 inch Ventline fan in my bath that is not working. I initially thought I should replace the entire unit, but in my Amazon search, I have found a couple of motors that are used in those fans. The price is certainly better, and I may be able to replace the motor without removing the entire housing, recalking, etc. I found a nice video on replacing the whole unit, but I wonder if anyone here has replaced a motor. I will, of course, check out the switch before doing either. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Richard
Gneiss Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss Guy View Post
I have a 6 1/4 inch Ventline fan in my bath that is not working. I initially thought I should replace the entire unit, but in my Amazon search, I have found a couple of motors that are used in those fans. The price is certainly better, and I may be able to replace the motor without removing the entire housing, recalking, etc. I found a nice video on replacing the whole unit, but I wonder if anyone here has replaced a motor. I will, of course, check out the switch before doing either. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Richard
Rich.

Make sure the motor is getting 12 volts.

Better to make "real" sure before spending any amount of money.

If no voltage is going to the motor, it could be the switch or even a fuse.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
I had a problem with the same bath vent fan. After testing, I found the problem was in the switch. I replaced the switch from below in the bath and it works fine now.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
Rosemere , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan guy View Post
I had a problem with the same bath vent fan. After testing, I found the problem was in the switch. I replaced the switch from below in the bath and it works fine now.
I am not very electrically enclined, I have a voltmeter, how do you test the switch? where did you buy it? do you have a part number? I suspect the switch because at the beginning it was intermittent. thank you !
Projet2907 is offline   Reply With Quote