Old 09-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #85
Rivet Master
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Kinda off topic, but oddly related. I once had new tires installed by a well know national tire shop for a weekend of wheelin'...I needed the tires, they were just released by Goodyear and I drove 90 miles to get them to the shop so I could make the trek on new rubber, rather than miss 1/2 my trip waiting for their next shipment the following day. Anyhoo, after all that effort on my part (which I didn't mind), the tire jockey installs the fronts by jacking the truck up via the front pumpkin! Needless to say, the ramifications of his inexperience didn't hit until I selected four-low at the trail head and all of the expensive royal purple was puked out all over the ground! Not only did I have a mess to clean up, it was just plain irritating. Well, I gets home, call the shop and they say "sure, we'll take care of it!" take it to a quicky lube joint and we'll foot the bill. One MAJOR problem...ya can't get the pumpkin cover off to straighten it or replace it without dropping the steering rack. Short story...they did cough up $250, but the total bill was over $1,100. Just like Inland Andy says: watch em like a hawk!

Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote

argosy, camping world

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off