Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I have a hard time with the amount they charged you, as well as the service received. If you look at the services on their website: Camping World Procare – The RV Repair & RV Service Experts Since 1966. - Camping World
many of the things they were supposed to do are covered in the 45 point inspection or the wheel bearing repack.
The 45 point inspection includes:
  • Check all electrical outlets
  • Check inverters and converters
  • Check generator systems
  • Check plumbing for leaks and proper operation
  • Check LP systems
  • Check all appliances
The wheel bearing service includes:
  • Inspect brake shoes, bearings and magnets
  • Clean & repack wheel bearings
  • Adjust break linings as needed
  • Verify the operation of the electric break magnets &
    break-away switch
  • Grease seals are extra, prices vary by axle size
It sounds as if you may have double billed as well. I would definitely discuss the matter with the service manager.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
I would go right to the top and demand my $1000.00 back and not a penny less..........

toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Right now, there are 22 members and 2 guests reading this thread. I'm looking at renewing my "Presidents Club" membership. Camping World salesmen, are you listening?
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
If you don't get satisfaction from the store or manager then take them to small claims court. Make sure you take lots of pictures and document everything, I would even get a couple of witnesses to see what you are documenting, preferably one with RV repair knowledge. Don't just chalk it up as a loss if the store doesn't make this right because that is why so many places rob people in the first place, they figure you'll drop it after you get nowhere with them.

Good luck.
Different strokes for different folks!

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Wow...I would have given you all that 'non-service' for only $500....

Really not a laughing matter, though! If you got some kind of written report showing they 'checked' all that stuff, and you can show they didn't, as you mentioned above, go right to the top management and give em' a piece of your mind!

What if you had taken their 'results' as being correct, hit the road and had an accident as a result of inoperative brakes, etc! I'd probably point out that a 'friendly' lawyer would most likely be building a new summer cottage with the proceeds from the lawsuit!

This whole thing 'stinks', and I would stick to my 'guns' and demand corrective action be taken, with a reduction in price for their 'non-inspection' service being at the top of the list!

I hope they actually repacked the wheel wonders just what they DID do in your behalf! In view of their 'service', I think I'd also demand that they pull a wheel to show you they DID repack the bearings...and then I'd still wonder if they even looked at the old bearings to check for wear, etc...

Does your state have a state agency that looks into automotive repair business' ? If so, that would be one of my first calls!

Good luck with your 'battle'...let us all know what happens!

Short story along these lines...I worked in parts for years, for a large truck dealership. We valued our reputation with our customers, as repeat business was our 'bread and butter'!

An out of the area customer brought his rig in for an oil and filter change in our service dept...the mechanic (a fairly new guy) pulled the parts and did the job...the customer arrived later to leave, and as HD truckers are want to do, pulled out the dipstick to make sure the oil level was correct - and found nasty, old black oil!!! He also then noticed the oil filter hadn't been touched!

He was understandably HOT...the service manager couldn't believe one of his guys would pull such a 'stunt'...the new oil filter was found in his tool the mechanic was FIRED on the spot, and given about 10 minutes to get his stuff and clear out! Truck dealers are a close-knit group in our area, and I'm sure that so-called mechanic didn't work in any nearby shop again!

The customer knew our company, and allowed us to set it all right, and without any charge as well...and so was satisified with the out come.

It only takes one 'bad apple' in an organization to spoil things...and if a company allows such activities to continue, it's just as bad!!!
Ray & Pat; Morada, CA
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
I would not have your local CW do ANY work on your trailer.
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
I get steamed just looking at prices in their stores.
The bottom line is that you paid for services that were not rendered. Demand a refund.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
1997 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #22
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
you might want to see if the BBB or other agencies have any reports on file. it might help determine if this is a pattern at this shop.

i'd be reluctant to let them 'correct' the repairs, since personal safety in many areas is involved. i'l let the shop have a different tech and a manager inspect the visible work without dismantling anything and demand a full refund on the spot. even if was one bad apple, someone was suppost to oversee the work done by the tech. if this is a reputable shop they will gladly give the refund and deal with the tech.

as mentioned, document as much as possible and bring witnesses to court if you end up there.
2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #23

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Right now, there are 22 members and 2 guests reading this thread. I'm looking at renewing my "Presidents Club" membership. Camping World salesmen, are you listening?

Me too, Had one right around the corner, Do I want to renew, and travel 160k to the store? Not
AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
At least they did not bugger up your Airstream trying to fix something they don't know anything about. Taking an Airstream to Camping World is kind of like taking your Porsche to Sears.
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
And this is the same Camping World that Thor Industries just loaned 10 million to?
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #26
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I would be very pissed. Down right might I say a rip off.
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member
1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, go in there start making a little noise ( notifying the BBB, sm. claims, corporate, friends, Good Sam Club, etc. etc. etc.). I don't think in this economy they want any nagative issues or unsatisfied customers. BTW what is their policy on customer satisfaction? Clearly you are NOT satisfied!!

Sixty3TW4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #28
Full Timers/Diesel power.
1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
I bailed on them years ago because of their crummy service and lack of knowledge. They must feed on the rookies to stay in business.

"A settled wisdom, plus the itch to be elsewhere"
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote

argosy, camping world