Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

State College , PENNSYLVANIA (PA)
Trying to find a leak

We have a 2013 25FB. Noticed a small leak in the front bedroom under the streetside window along the floor. I have picked away at the obvious locations with Sikaflex and Captain Tolley's. I have sealed the exterior of the window, awning bracket, both side marker lights (top and bottom), middle and lower trim, front windows, and stone guard brackets. I also hit all the rivets in the vicinity with Capt Tolley's.

The leak shows up under the window and I placed a level where I see it on the interior. I looked at the two rivets holding the International emblem on and placed a hose there for several hours and it remained dry so I don't think that's it.

Pressurizing the trailer with a sealtech unit didn't show anything. Rather than seal everything in that area at once, I have been picking off items one at a time in hopes of finding exactly where the leak is.

I have checked the side window seal but there doesn't appear to be any water getting past the glass and the seal because I'm not seeing any water laying in the trough at the bottom of the window.

I have not touched the awning or solar on top of the trailer but have been over those areas and nothing sticks out as being an issue. I sprayed a hose over the top of the trailer over the weekend and it remained dry.

Today we had a pretty good shower all morning. Checked the interior before work and it was dry but when I got home there was just a little water. Any suggestions on what to try next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	327151  
GSP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I've had leaks at:
the caulk on the horizontal bands
the caulk at the perimeter of the roof fan frame/curb.
the skylight, cracks in the flanges from fasteners overtightened
the joint between end cap and wall at the end of the awning.
the awning arm where screws penetrate the wall
the marker lights, at fastener and wire penetrations.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Charleston , South Carolina
Hi GSP9, I hope you got your issue fixed and I know this may be kinda late to the game but we just had a repair done on our unit that was leaking in the same window area, though on the opposite side. The dealership did a pressure test and it turned out that we had one leak at the running light and one at the awning support, both on the same side. They repaired it and retested it several time to validate the repair.
J.Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 AM   #4
Sol
ItchyFeet

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Fuquay Varina , Wake County
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Denmark View Post
Hi GSP9, I hope you got your issue fixed and I know this may be kinda late to the game but we just had a repair done on our unit that was leaking in the same window area, though on the opposite side. The dealership did a pressure test and it turned out that we had one leak at the running light and one at the awning support, both on the same side. They repaired it and retested it several time to validate the repair.

How do you do pressure test? I don’t think all dealerships have capability of pressure test.
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote