Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anniston , Alabama
Airstream store

I agree with the posts about the Airstream Store. It just kinda sucks you right in ............

2009 Flying Cloud 25FB
2007 Silverado Duramax Extended Cab 4x4 LTZ

"It is better to wear out than to rust out"......Wally Byam
happycamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Many Trip to JC

Originally Posted by happycamper2 View Post
We have just made our first trip to the Mothership at Jackson Center for some warranty issues. We could not have been treated better. Every person at the factory went above and beyond what was expected to get the warranty issues corrected and have us back on the road. The guys in the Service Center are top notch. Most have been there for many many years. We stayed at the Terra-Port which is really convenient.

We had the pleasure of meeting Larry Huttle, Chairman......he's a super nice guy. Tim Maxwell, the National Service Manager, is great to work with and goes the extra mile to see that the work is done correctly. Hats off to both of these guys.

Don gives an awesome factory tour at 2pm every day........don't miss that if you are ever in the area. It's very interesting to see how these beauties are made.
Having been to JC more times than I can count I have always been treated great. They ladies at the desk know my face and name. I get a "Hi Michelle!". The techs know who I am well. Three major repairs and some minor ones. Always a great experience.

Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
It would be great if the local car dealers would send their service people to JC for a seminar on how to treat customers.

They have good people there who do great work for a fair price and they always seem to do that little bit extra (replacing the rusty screws on the running lights with stainless steel ones) that doesn't cost them much and they don't charge for it.

Customer service seems to be a dying concept in many industries, but the folks at JC have figured out that it is ALL ABOUT customer service.
Steve & Susan
WBCCI# 03876
AIR# 6511
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We made a detour toward Jackson Center yesterday, calling them from the road about getting some lights replaced/fixed.

Only our second trip here, I believe, in 6 years of Interstate ownership. . There are lots of new Interstates here, which we're told are selling well.

Chris and the ladies in Reception were great, got us in when we arrived and Chris showed Doug how to change the LED bulbs in those little ceiling lights. So simple, we just hadn't had to do it yet. .

Chris also located at the factory a replacement for the patio light, got that done and we settled into the Terraport for the night. The only inhabited unit back here, I think.

They also let Miss Lily hang out in the waiting area, where she sweetnessed everyone.

Hospitality and service greatly appreciated, we are now headed for warmer temps!

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #19

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I will wholeheartedly agree that having work done at JC is a good experience. Lucy has been there twice, and all the work was done right the first time.

My experience with Airstream dealers has not been so good. On three occasions over the years, I have had Lucy's wheel hubs serviced at three different dealers in different parts of the country. Two of the dealers didn't know what they were doing, and I had to readjust the brakes myself. The third was Sutton out in Oregon. They did the work properly. Only one out of three being competent, doesn't reflect well on the Airstream dealer network.

Therefore, it's back to Jackson Center for Lucy's repairs and updates.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I agree with Maggie and Brian.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Airstream Service at Jackson Center is as good as service can get, they have the skills and parts on hand for anything, and are nice people.

Dealer service can be the opposite, miserable, our home state dealer is. When we want something fixed I think it is better to make one trip to Ohio than multiple trips to the dealership for the same issue.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
A year and a half ago I sold my AS class A and picked up the 1987 Excella I now have. I took it to JC on the way home and the service I got was superb. I have made it a point to stop for service in the fall (on my way south for the winter) and in the spring (on my way north to our home). We travel about 15,000 miles per year with our trailer, and the preventative maintenance I get done at JC ensures that I don't have emergency issues.

AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote