Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #15

19' ccd inquiry

Kevin - how is your trailer treating you?
We are very close to purchasing a 2005 19' ccd - we are also considering the 25' but would have to purchase a different vehicle to tow it. We're planning to use it at a campground this summer - not much towing involved - but I am still waivering on the size of the 19' vs. 25'. Any comments and opinions are appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #16
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Consider the 25'

We upgraded from a 19' to a 25' after 9 months. You won't regret the decision. It is just my wife / me and 2 guinea pigs and we really like the extra space. We had no towing experience when we bought our first Airstream and felt that we would be better off with a smaller trailer. It turns out the 25' handles as well if not better. The 19' is cute and lots of fun but the extra space and appliances are really nice. There are many here on the forum who did the same thing. If you have the resources I would seriously consider the larger trailer. One thing that might send my decision the other way (19') is if I were planning on spending a lot of time in more rustic settings where a smaller trailer may fit in spaces better. Either way you go I think you still win... We've had an Airstream for 2 years now and love it!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #17
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEO
We upgraded from a 19' to a 25' after 9 months. You won't regret the decision. It is just my wife / me and 2 guinea pigs and we really like the extra space. We had no towing experience when we bought our first Airstream and felt that we would be better off with a smaller trailer. It turns out the 25' handles as well if not better. The 19' is cute and lots of fun but the extra space and appliances are really nice. There are many here on the forum who did the same thing. If you have the resources I would seriously consider the larger trailer. One thing that might send my decision the other way (19') is if I were planning on spending a lot of time in more rustic settings where a smaller trailer may fit in spaces better. Either way you go I think you still win... We've had an Airstream for 2 years now and love it!
We did the same thing, even though we went the vintage route, we went from a 20' to a 26' unit. What it means, is you have a larger living area, larger sleeping area, more storage, more and larger appliances. Oh, and a somewhat larger bathroom, too. Add to that the fact it tows much more smoothly with two axles, and more weight. It is also easier to back into a parking spot than the shorter trailer.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Kevin - how is your trailer treating you?
We are very close to purchasing a 2005 19' ccd - we are also considering the 25' but would have to purchase a different vehicle to tow it. We're planning to use it at a campground this summer - not much towing involved - but I am still waivering on the size of the 19' vs. 25'. Any comments and opinions are appreciated!
Thanks!

44bullock,

As a matter of fact, as others have also done, we are also looking to upgrade. I'm not sure how much time you plan to spend in your A/S (we thought only the occasional weekend for us) so we got the 19'. In retrospect, we should have gotten the 25. The trailer will be going up for sale soon....

We're looking for a 25, or a classic MH. Wife loves the "look" of the CCD, but the appeal of redoing the interior of a older MH is knawing on me...

So, If you plan to spend more than just a few nights here and there, and have the space to store it and $ to do it, I'd go with the 25. The 19 is good too, great to get in and out of spots, easy to pull though any big urban city too...

Rgds

Kevin
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Stone Mountain , Georgia
Love the 25'

We have had our 25' CCD for a bit over 1.5 years now, and we have been so pleased with it. The only complaint that matters is not being able to use it more often. The little ones are things like the holding tank moniter not being correct on the black water tank. It's not hard to figure out when it is getting full!

Camp often, and enjoy!

Andy
Old 06-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #20
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
the awful truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfuson
.....holding tank moniter not correct on the black water tank. It's not hard to figure out when it is getting full! Andy
Well... here's the way we do it without monitors:

Step 1. Look in "the hole". If level looks high - dump.
Step 2. If floor inside bathroom is wet and smells questionable you have failed to execute step 1 correctly - Clean trailer. Aargh!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #21
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Janet,

Thank you. That was either very funny or I've had a very long day. I use method #1 in the Argosy. It has never failed.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #22
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
Hi, Janet,

Thank you. That was either very funny or I've had a very long day. I use method #1 in the Argosy. It has never failed.
I will leave out the grisley details, but step #2 happened a couple of times in our Argosy. The toilet didn't stop running after the last flush, with predictable results.