Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
chalk hill , Pennsylvania
The Fantastic fan company: True to the name!

Both Fantastic fans in my 2003 Classic don't work properly. I called them and explained the trouble and they immediately( got it the next day) sent a box of various parts to repair them with instruction. Just have to find time to do it. Perhaps Airstream can learn something from them.
Dave

Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I bought a Fantastic from CW. The first use,the DC plug melted. I returned it and got a replacement. This time the cord melted. Returned it and got a third, same thing happened. I returned it and asked for a refund which I received.
Several days later I received a call from Fantastic saying they had been in contact with CW about my problem. They asked if I would accept a FREE replacement because of my problems and to cover the return fees. I got a new fan with upgraded cord and plug and works great.
THANK YOU FANTASTIC AND CW.
Mike

Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Totally agree with their name - Fantastic!

We purchased a fan for our 63 - and had two smoke vent covers from the excel that we were going to install in the Overlander - they gave us two clear lids free and new screens.

When I got the CCD and wanted to change out the back ven for a FFV, they fit me in during a quick trip. While up top the young fellow put is elbow through the AC shroud. Could have said nothing and I would have never known. They got one ordered and shipped to my home no problem.

3 years ago my back vent was not working right lid would not lift - they sent me out a whole new arm and crank.

Now I sit with two fans that have other issues and I am patiently waiting for their staff to get back from the big 4th of july holiday. I know that I just have to call tell them my issue they will tell me what is wrong and send me out the parts I need. I may or may not have to pay postage - but for that kind of service postage is nothing and the least I would pay for the courteous service.

These fans are amazing too boot - mine get lots of work as I live in my trailer now and have spent months at a time over the years since I have had it.

Patiently waiting to give my call in tomorrow when they return and I will be most likely given my parts by next week if not sooner when they here I am living in my AS and dying without my beautiful fans LOL.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
ALUMINUM OBSSESSION

1993 34' Limited
Hamilton , Ontario
It's too bad companies including Airstream didn't apply the same customer service.
My fantastic vent had a defective crank motor.
They sent me a new one !!! no charge!!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Fantastic Fan

Hi all,
We have had our 1999 Safari now for a little over a year and do like the FF. Was wondering if anyone sets there's at a certain temp when going down the road and have it come on just to keep as much of the hot air out , so that when you do get to your spot for the evening of weekend that it's not so blasted hot inside and the AC dosen't have to work so hard as to cool it down
Thanks Jim
Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
There have been threads regarding traveling with the fan lid open / closed. We prefer to leave ours closed when traveling. Some have found it OK to have them open to aid ventilation when on the road. That is so long as they are opening in the right direction. I think you'll find it to be personal preference.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I do not use the Fantastic fans when going down the road as i am concerned that the covers would blow off.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I inadvertently left one of mine on when traveling in sweltering heat - and was SO pleased at how the trailer didn't turn into a sweatbox that I've continued to do it. Not at freeway speed, mind you, but since they are installed to open to the back I doubt they'd blow off.

Paula
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Just thought there would not be a problem with the vent cover coming off. I have a Max Flo vent cover over it.
Jim
Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Not to hijack the thread (all due respect to all involved)...I just installed three new vent fans in my 34 footer. I was going to get Fantastic Vents based upon the incredible customer service they offer. However, in the end I wound up installing the Maxxair Deluxe vents because you can run them rain or shine, leave them open when going down the road at 70mph, and not have to worry about any water getting in. Maxxair's normal fan looks a lot like the Fantastic Vent, and between those two I'd have gone with the FF. But the new Maxxair Deluxe is a really slick design. It lays down very flat when you want to close it, but when you open it, the vent hood extends aft of the square cut out by about 8-10" and it exhausts downward. So you can run it no matter the weather. And you're not reliant upon a battery and a sensor to close it if it starts to rain and you're not around.

All that being said, Maxxair's customer service reputation is not as good as Fantastic Vent. Time will tell if I made the right call. For those of you with the FF, I think you should have no regrets ever.

Cheers,
Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
I have Maxxair covers on mine installed by the AS dealer. I can leave them open parked or travelling. I gave them a test with a water hose last weekend when washing the roof to see if they swallowed water while open and they did not.

By the way, the quality of the covers seems good other than the over torquing of some of the screws for the mounting brackets. I can fix that with some next size up SS screws without too much trouble.

Glad to continue to hear about the great customer service by FF.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
When replacing with fantastic fans on 1976 A.S. what replaces lights & covers inside? I would like to keep close to original not bare ceiling with no trim or lights.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRollin View Post
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone sets there's at a certain temp when going down the road and have it come on just to keep as much of the hot air out , so that when you do get to your spot for the evening of weekend that it's not so blasted hot inside and the AC doesn't have to work so hard as to cool it down
Thanks Jim
In hot weather, both my fans operate constantly when on the road with the front fan blowing in and the rear fan blowing out. The trailer stays amazingly cool inside and is never heat soaked when we tie up.

If it is below about 95, we can stop for a meal and leave the cats in the trailer with both fans running on high.

We also have a Fantastic Endless Breeze fan that we use to move air through the trailer when it is really hot. The cats will lay in front of it and enjoy the breeze. We point the endless Breeze where we are sitting while the AC cools the trailer. The extra air movement makes a real difference.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic
East Central , Alabama
I have only the highest praise for Fantastic Fans - more companies should follow their lead. Have had two RV's with FF's, called customer service, received replacement parts pronto. One of the best companies I know of to stand behind their product.